The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Can a girl withdraw consent after sex?

someone told me that girls can withdraw consent after they have had sex with you like a day or even two weeks later. I'm shocked. Is this really the law?

How can you withdraw consent after the fact?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Danny McCoyne
someone told me that girls can withdraw consent after they have had sex with you like a day or even two weeks later. I'm shocked. Is this really the law?

How can you withdraw consent after the fact?

No. That's called a false rape allegation.

Happens all too often when a slutty girl gets embarrassed.
Original post by Rakas21
No. That's called a false rape allegation.

Happens all too often when a slutty girl gets embarrassed.

So it's not law?
I've just googled English rape law and as far as I can tell from what I'm reading, that's pretty much bs.

EDIT: Not pretty much, complete bs.
No they can't. They can't consent to sex and then withdraw that consent after having sex, that would just be ridiculous.

They may well regret having sex later on, but they can't withdraw consent like that.
No they can't. After the deed is done, they can't withdraw consent. During they can stop consenting and ask to stop, but after it's all done, that's it.
It's a criminal act.
Original post by stonehrd4eva
It's a criminal act.

what rape?
During, yes.
After, no.
This is why I have an EULA tattooed above my dick.
(edited 8 years ago)
Once the deed is done, consent is no longer relevant as it has passed. Consent can be withdrawn at any point up until then but not after.

Think of consent like tea:
[video="vimeo;126553913"]https://vimeo.com/126553913[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
lol no
Reply 13
I guess what can be debated after the act is whether the person had capacity to give consent eg where alcohol or drugs were involved. Drunken consent and taking advantage are I imagine a difficult area for the justice system.
Original post by Mindspace
Once the deed is done, consent is no longer relevant as it has passed. Consent can be withdrawn at any point up until then but not after.

Think of consent like tea:
[video="vimeo;126553913"]https://vimeo.com/126553913[/video]

A truly British video
Reply 15
Under the 2003 Sexual Offences Act, a person can't withdraw consent after an act, so long as they've consented willingly eg, not under duress, not drunk or suffering from a loss of inhibition, are of a legal age, have the mental capability to consent and they know the identity of the persom they are consenting to (you consent to the person not the circumstances).
Well done this man (Maker not the fake penis lady) be a lawyer!
What is the world coming to? :colonhash:
That is what feminazis say
Original post by Mia1001
Under the 2003 Sexual Offences Act, a person can't withdraw consent after an act, so long as they've consented willingly eg, not under duress, not drunk or suffering from a loss of inhibition, are of a legal age, have the mental capability to consent and they know the identity of the persom they are consenting to (you consent to the person not the circumstances).

does that apply to both sexes though?

for example. you meet someone at a party, both drunk, do the business, all good,

then the girl accuses the guy of rape, how is that fair? they were both drunk?

these sort of laws are so sexist it makes me angry, how many women are convicted of raping men?

Latest

Trending

Trending