The Student Room Group

No longer able to attend University

I have applied for a computer science course with USW with my physical enrollment tomorrow. However due to changes in my personal circumstances I will be unable to afford to go. However if I withdraw my application will I still be charged £9000 for the first year? Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by DoomedFool
I have applied for a computer science course with USW with my physical enrollment tomorrow. However due to changes in my personal circumstances I will be unable to afford to go. However if I withdraw my application will I still be charged £9000 for the first year? Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Doomed

I am almost positive you won't get charged or anything like that until you actually are on campus and you physically enroll.

Can anyone else back me up here?
Original post by Jack182
Hi Doomed

I am almost positive you won't get charged or anything like that until you actually are on campus and you physically enroll.

Can anyone else back me up here?

I will. You are correct.
Reply 3
Ok thanks for help guys. Appreciate the responses.
Reply 4
It depends on what the process is at your university. I had to reach the stage of online enrolment where I selected and confirmed registration of my study modules before I was notified that registration of my choices at that stage meant that I would be liable for at least partial payment of course fees. The payment fees were on a sliding scale by percentage of the total fee according to which semester you were withdrawing in.

Visit the university tomorrow and speak to someone that can clarify this for you.
Original post by CCC75
It depends on what the process is at your university. I had to reach the stage of online enrolment where I selected and confirmed registration of my study modules before I was notified that registration of my choices at that stage meant that I would be liable for at least partial payment of course fees. The payment fees were on a sliding scale by percentage of the total fee according to which semester you were withdrawing in.

Visit the university tomorrow and speak to someone that can clarify this for you.

Good point - I was assuming no form of enrolment had taken place at all.

OP, you need to check this if you have done anything online.
Reply 6
ok will check tomorrow. Thanks for the responses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending