The Student Room Group

Only 2 years of finance left?

Hi guys, long story short. I just finished a second year of a course I hate and got pressured into by parents. And I've realized I should do a course I'VE always wanted to do, not what my parents want me to do.

I know you only get 4 years of finance, is that right? So was wondering if I started another course (in a different university) could I do the 2 years and then either take a break until I can fund the finance? How do student finance view someone starting a degree course with only 2 years of funding left?

Any information would be great

Thanks
You get length of course + 1 - years study.
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
You get length of course + 1 - years study.

What about past finances you've had mate? I'm sooo confused right now!
Original post by Jack182
What about past finances you've had mate? I'm sooo confused right now!

They count in the calculation too.

They also take into account if you have qualifications at the same level too.
Reply 4
Original post by OU Student
They count in the calculation too.

They also take into account if you have qualifications at the same level too.

So there's a chance I can still get the 3 years funded? the course I was doing before was only around £3000 a year.

thanks again for the replies!
Original post by Jack182
Hi guys, long story short. I just finished a second year of a course I hate and got pressured into by parents. And I've realized I should do a course I'VE always wanted to do, not what my parents want me to do.

I know you only get 4 years of finance, is that right? So was wondering if I started another course (in a different university) could I do the 2 years and then either take a break until I can fund the finance? How do student finance view someone starting a degree course with only 2 years of funding left?

Any information would be great

Thanks

if you wanted to do another 3 year course, then yes you are right you only have another 2 years finance left. However they only fund the last two years so you need to save up the money before you can restart.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending