The Student Room Group

Can I get into Uni with these grades or should I repeat A levels next year?

I did terribly bad in my A levels this year and ended up getting a CDE in Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I had missed a lot of classes due to my school. I didn't plan accordingly as a regular A level student. My parent had great expectations from me and I let them down. I am in a standstill, have no idea what to do now. I am really miserable at the moment and I am going to turn 21 which makes me feel like a loser now. Should I do A levels by doing in intensive A level course for a year?. I feel like I can do better with more effort. I need to know if there are any good revision guides that I can use to revise with. I am really going to dedicate this whole year only studying well to achieve high enough grades to join Russell group universities. Any opinion on how should I begin studying? any tips and tricks?
Thanks!
Original post by Azhar Rana
I did terribly bad in my A levels this year and ended up getting a CDE in Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I had missed a lot of classes due to my school. I didn't plan accordingly as a regular A level student. My parent had great expectations from me and I let them down. I am in a standstill, have no idea what to do now. I am really miserable at the moment and I am going to turn 21 which makes me feel like a loser now. Should I do A levels by doing in intensive A level course for a year?. I feel like I can do better with more effort. I need to know if there are any good revision guides that I can use to revise with. I am really going to dedicate this whole year only studying well to achieve high enough grades to join Russell group universities. Any opinion on how should I begin studying? any tips and tricks?
Thanks!

I'm going to move this over to the mature students' forum where there will be people better placed than I am to advise you about access courses, which I think will be your best option.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'm going to move this over to the mature students' forum where there will be people better placed than I am to advise you about access courses, which I think will be your best option.

Sure :redface:

Quick Reply