The Student Room Group

GCSE condumdrum for uni!!

I have fairly good gcses except i only have a C in maths and science!
I'm defiantly going to do well in A-LEVELs but would my GCSEs prevent me from going to uni to do politics?
Original post by GeorgeyPorgey
I'm defiantly going to do well in A-LEVELs but would my GCSEs prevent me from going to uni to do politics?

I've had a look at the entry requirements for a couple of politics degrees, and they only require GCSE Maths at grade C, so you should be fine :smile:
Thanks ALOT! but what unis would they be for? I was looking to go St.Andrews or Warwick Uni to do social politics in particular
Thanks ALOT! but what unis would they be for? I was looking to go St.Andrews or Warwick Uni to do social politics in particular

I only had a quick look at Surrey and Brunel for their degrees in BSc Politics, I'm not sure about St Andrew's and Warwick though :smile:
I don't know about St Andrews, but I'm applying to Warwick for Politics and Sociology and admissions told me the only GCSE requirements are English Language grade B and Maths grade C, so don't worry. :biggrin:

Most unis aren't fussy about GCSE's for Politics, however where they do have specific requirements they will detail them on their website. I know LSE for example require a B in Maths for IR.

Quick Reply

Latest