The Student Room Group

Cfe Higher Modern Studies 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

Is anyone studying china??
See for the response of Ethnic minority is the just the ways government is trying to tackle inequalities in a world power and is the effective checks of the government just ways citizens can participate in politics??
For the role of an MP its how they hold the government to account, so through committees, voting, debates, pm question time. You could also be asked about there role in the constituency and how they represent their constituents, so through surgeries, visiting local schools/businesses and attending local events.
Reply 63
Original post by Bethpettigrew1
See for the response of Ethnic minority is the just the ways government is trying to tackle inequalities in a world power and is the effective checks of the government just ways citizens can participate in politics??

Yeah for example obamacare in the usa for those who cant afford healthcare and medicare etc etc.

For the effective checks question, talk about how the govenment are scrutinised. So using usa as an example again, you could write how congress and the supreme court keep the government in check. What powers do they have that goes against the powers of the executive. Talk about seperation of power and checks and balances etc etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 64
Does anyone have an electoral systems essay they would be willing to send??? I just have no idea how to write one on this topic
I have notes on two systems
So, is it okay to only know about two electoral systems e.g. FPTP and AMS as I have notes on others such as party list and STV?
Original post by Bethpettigrew1
Is anyone studying china??

ME
Reply 68
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a voting systems essay? I feel like my teacher hasn't explained it well enough and the fact she's predicting it to be one of the questions in the democracy sections makes me feel like I won't do as well on that section. I normally do well on essays but for this one (being a 20 marker) I didn't do as well as I would've liked to.
Thanks to anyone in advance!
What type of question could be asked about human rights?
Original post by ashleymacleod
So, is it okay to only know about two electoral systems e.g. FPTP and AMS as I have notes on others such as party list and STV?

Yeah, only knowing two is fine. You'll either get a question asking to talk about fptp or compare two systems. The best ones to discuss is fptp and ams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an tips to answering source questions? I know how to do them, but i can never get full marks. If anyone could help me out or send me notes on answering them/model answers that would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACz09
Im thinking governmnent policies to tackle crime and/or the importance of lack of education will come up in crime and law.
Electoral systems for democracy in scotland.
For world powers democracy question will come up and/or a goverment response to ethnic minorities. A possible q on the effective checks on the government could also come up.

Lack of success wont come up, it was the 2015 exemplar highers question paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Momo2810
Lack of success wont come up, it was the 2015 exemplar highers question paper.

Well i dont think the sqa will use the specimen paper too much. They could take questions from the exemplar and re-word them, just like they did for history. You never know.
I'm so stressed for this exam haha. Doesn't help having business on Friday which has so much to remember. If the questions are good then it will all go well, but I'm terrified. I got an A in the prelim, but I feel like that's different because I had done the source questions before and essays.

I seem to remember essays for modern studies quite easily, so I feel like I've barely done any revision yet I know a lot.

How is everyone else feeling about it?
Everyone should get 8 marks for source question 8 marks for conclusion
Atleast 25/30 for assingment
And all u need is 7/12
8/12
10/20 to get 73% (A)
So it's not that hard than u think
Reply 76
Original post by haroon1998
And all u need is 7/12
8/12
10/20 to get 73% (A)

Dont forget they can always increase the grade boundries! So if youre planning out your estimated marks, then plan them for the worst case scenario.
Original post by haroon1998
And all u need is 7/12
8/12
10/20 to get 73% (A)

Have you got any tips on the source conclusions questions? I never get full marks. If you have an notes or example answers you could send me it would be great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACz09
Dont forget they can always increase the grade boundries! So if youre planning out your estimated marks, then plan them for the worst case scenario.

It's fine cos I'm pretty good at modies even though I crashed it got 93% in the prelim
Anyone got a list of possible questions on Voting systems and divisions in the UK?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending