The Student Room Group

Vet med student accomodation

Could someone pls tell me, for each of the uni's below, if vet med students live on the main campus with students doing other subjects, or if they live on a separate campus?

Cambridge - vets live with students doing other subjects
Liverpool - ?
Nottingham - ?
Bristol - ?
Surrey - ?
Edinburgh - ?
Glasgow - ?

Thank you!!!
Bristol: Year 1-3 vets live with students doing other subjects. Year 4-5 vets move to Langford so just vets (and vet nurses).
For Edinburgh, students choosing to live in halls live with students doing other subjects. There's a separate campus for the vet school, Easter Bush, which is about 20-30mins away from the city centre, but there isn't any student accommodation on-site. Students could obviously privately rent flats/houses closer to EB if they wanted to, which would presumably be with other vets since I can't see other students wanting to live so far out.
Liverpool:

Years 1-3: Liverpool with students from other courses (mixed halls)
Years 4-5: Most will live on the Wirral (e.g. Neston) to be closer to Leahurst and usually in houses with all vets.
Nottingham - first year live on Sutton Bonington campus
2-5 live in Kegworth or Sutton Bonington or on campus
Original post by Angry cucumber
Nottingham - first year live on Sutton Bonington campus
2-5 live in Kegworth or Sutton Bonington or on campus

Hi,I am applying to Nottingham for 2016, I went on an open day and loved the Sutton Bonington campus and student accommodation. Are the student halls only available for first years or do vet students tend to live in them for the full 5 years?Thanks :smile:
Reply 6
For Glasgow the vet school is located on the Garscube campus just on the edge of the uni campus as such, most vet students in their first year choose to stay in Wolfson halls on the campus due to the proximity to the vet school, however there are also vet students at other halls and flats on the main campus it just so happens that the biggest first year community resides at the vet school 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending