The Student Room Group

What's your opinion on ravers?

I mean, it's what they want to do at the end of the day.

But a lot of them look like they're dying of something.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Longshot700
I mean, it's what they want to do at the end of the day.

But a lot of them look like they're dying of something.

what?
no opinion :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by tehforum
what?

I dunno, dying of a disease or something.
This video still gets me...

[video="youtube;C8G8cdbPmp8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8G8cdbPmp8[/video]
Original post by zyzzyspirit

[video="youtube;C8G8cdbPmp8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8G8cdbPmp8[/video]

Nah that's cool.

This is...

something else

Skip to 1:40
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
What I SHOULD say is that I have no opinion and you can't judge a book by its cover or generalise.

What I actually think is that like flappers and hippies and every other generation's version of ravers, they are mainstream people born into posh families who are trying to rebel, paradoxically in order to fit in.
Nah that's cool.

This is...

something else

:rofl:

Looks so empty though, would hate to be there
:rofl:

Looks so empty though, would hate to be there

Looks fine, especially when you're on some E, and you need space to dance around.

If you're just drinking, then yeah it's not exactly optimal.
Reply 9
Original post by abc:)
What I SHOULD say is that I have no opinion and you can't judge a book by its cover or generalise.

What I actually think is that like flappers and hippies and every other generation's version of ravers, they are mainstream people born into posh families who are trying to rebel, paradoxically in order to fit in.

Well it's hard not to generalise, you walk into a warehouse and they're all wearing pretty much the same thing and doing the same thing.
This thread has opened my eyes o.o

I want 2:17 of my life back.
Reply 12
Original post by Longshot700
Well it's hard not to generalise, you walk into a warehouse and they're all wearing pretty much the same thing and doing the same thing.

Playing devil's advocate here - is that not also true of your typical Gatecrasher night, where everyone is wearing bandage bodycon dresses or a shirt and jeans and grinding on each other - or a festival, where everyone is wearing flowers and taking selfies - or a metal gig, where everyone is wearing black and moshing.

What I'm trying to say is that I find ravers irritating (I can't help it :frown: ) but I don't think they're unique in 'doing the same thing' as each other. That's true of pretty much any other group of people.
Playing devil's advocate here - is that not also true of your typical Gatecrasher night, where everyone is wearing bandage bodycon dresses or a shirt and jeans and grinding on each other - or a festival, where everyone is wearing flowers and taking selfies - or a metal gig, where everyone is wearing black and moshing.

What I'm trying to say is that I find ravers irritating (I can't help it :frown: ) but I don't think they're unique in 'doing the same thing' as each other. That's true of pretty much any other group of people.

That's because they're not underground ravers.

These are all mainstream events.
Reply 14
That's because they're not underground ravers.

These are all mainstream events.

Hahahaha ok Gatecrasher is, granted, but how is 'a festival' or 'a metal gig' a mainstream event? I didn't even specify which one lmao
Hahahaha ok Gatecrasher is, granted, but how is 'a festival' or 'a metal gig' a mainstream event? I didn't even specify which one lmao

Indeed, you didn't.

I see you take issue with the commonalities of people who attend specific events. But that doesn't detract from their 'uniqueness' - in your own words - this is a way of identifying with fellow people in a specific sub culture.
Reply 16
Indeed, you didn't.

I see you take issue with the commonalities of people who attend specific events. But that doesn't detract from their 'uniqueness' - in your own words - this is a way of identifying with fellow people in a specific sub culture.

No, I don't :s I think you're totallyy misunderstanding me haha
No, I don't :s I think you're totallyy misunderstanding me haha

Then at least try with all your might and effort to coherently put forward an argument which the normal user - without the aid of a translator - would be able to understand and offer a reply to.

All you've said is, ravers are posh, mainstream and trying to rebel. Second, you don't think they're unique because they're doing the same thing as each other.

That's not an argument. Just mere statements which mean nothing in the context of this discusison.
This is not in Islam :wink:
Reply 19
Then at least try with all your might and effort to coherently put forward an argument which the normal user - without the aid of a translator - would be able to understand and offer a reply to.

All you've said is, ravers are posh, mainstream and trying to rebel. Second, you don't think they're unique because they're doing the same thing as each other.

That's not an argument. Just mere statements which mean nothing in the context of this discusison.

These things are opinions... and the title says - 'what's your opinion on ravers' ... :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest