The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Freshers '15 Wristbands ~

Still can't decide if it's worth it to buy the wristband or not~

I'm certainly a party animal, just don't want to fork out £50 odd in advance for how many possible events i'll go to..
Is it worth it or is paying on the door just as good.

Thoughts anyone?!

Oh and what exactly does the wristband get you? i have a vague idea but if someone could point me in the right direction for information, i'd be grateful.

thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Novavaux
Still can't decide if it's worth it to buy the wristband or not~

I'm certainly a party animal, just don't want to fork out £50 odd in advance for how many possible events i'll go to..
Is it worth it or is paying on the door just as good.

Thoughts anyone?!

Oh and what exactly does the wristband get you? i have a vague idea but if someone could point me in the right direction for information, i'd be grateful.

thanks

okay so if you buy the wristband, its like a package deal so you save money compared to if you bought individual tickets for each night. last year for my freshers pass you also got £10 off the summer ball ticket if you bought it in freshers week, there was also 10% off if you bought something in the canteen, and 10% off if you bought a piece of su clothing from the su shop during freshers week, although im not sure if this will be the same this year. i guess it comes down to how many nights you intend to go to. have you found any flatmates/course mates that you could all arrange to go out together? personally i only think its worth it if you are going to go to every night, as i think you could buy individual tickets to four/five nights and it would still be cheaper than the wristband... work out what nights you want to go to and add up the cost to see which is the cheapest option! although i think you can only go to the 26th if you get the wristband as the tickets are unavailable on the su website. :smile:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ellen-
okay so if you buy the wristband, its like a package deal so you save money compared to if you bought individual tickets for each night. last year for my freshers pass you also got £10 off the summer ball ticket if you bought it in freshers week, there was also 10% off if you bought something in the canteen, and 10% off if you bought a piece of su clothing from the su shop during freshers week, although im not sure if this will be the same this year. i guess it comes down to how many nights you intend to go to. have you found any flatmates/course mates that you could all arrange to go out together? personally i only think its worth it if you are going to go to every night, as i think you could buy individual tickets to four/five nights and it would still be cheaper than the wristband... work out what nights you want to go to and add up the cost to see which is the cheapest option! although i think you can only go to the 26th if you get the wristband as the tickets are unavailable on the su website. :smile:

Thanks but i haven't met any flatmates yet, i'm not moving in until the 27th. Didn't think i would have to plan outings so far in advance haha.
I doubt i'd go out every night, maybe 4 or 5 times just to meet a few people.
how would you suggest meeting flatmates before hand? or should i just wait until i move in? i'm on campus so i'm pretty sure i'd meet everyone straight away more or less..
Reply 3
Thanks but i haven't met any flatmates yet, i'm not moving in until the 27th. Didn't think i would have to plan outings so far in advance haha.
I doubt i'd go out every night, maybe 4 or 5 times just to meet a few people.
how would you suggest meeting flatmates before hand? or should i just wait until i move in? i'm on campus so i'm pretty sure i'd meet everyone straight away more or less..

have you not found anyone on here or on facebook? or checked uniofhertsaccom on twitter, just to see if someone mentions your flat and then you could ask if what nights they want to go to and plan from there? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ellen-
have you not found anyone on here or on facebook? or checked uniofhertsaccom on twitter, just to see if someone mentions your flat and then you could ask if what nights they want to go to and plan from there? :smile:

yeah i was pretty delayed at thinking about freshers etc. didn't really start to bother me until monday ~
Thanks i'll check those out!
yeah i was pretty delayed at thinking about freshers etc. didn't really start to bother me until monday ~
Thanks i'll check those out!

Same here dude haha I really wasn't thinking about it over all my other stuff I've got to sort out XD I'll probably just buy on the door because some of those events sound like ****
Reply 6
Original post by Box collector
Same here dude haha I really wasn't thinking about it over all my other stuff I've got to sort out XD I'll probably just buy on the door because some of those events sound like ****

yeah they don't seem like my kind of club but i'm willing to give it a try.
which events have caught your eye so far?
Reply 7
I've never been to a party or club full of teenagers in my life; I'm the type of teenager who sits at home and plays video games all night long. With that being said my mum forced me into getting wristband so I have to go (she paid for it even though I do not want to go) - I don't know what to expect as I have no experience whatsoever. No events have caught my eye to be honest. I'm just a little worried that I might get mixed into the wrong crowd + I hate it when everyone is drunk around me.
Original post by NPFTW
I've never been to a party or club full of teenagers in my life; I'm the type of teenager who sits at home and plays video games all night long. With that being said my mum forced me into getting wristband so I have to go (she paid for it even though I do not want to go) - I don't know what to expect as I have no experience whatsoever. No events have caught my eye to be honest. I'm just a little worried that I might get mixed into the wrong crowd + I hate it when everyone is drunk around me.

not everyone there is a drug crazed maniac mate. yes people will be getting drunk, probably very drunk haha, but if your with the right people you will have a great time im sure. Everyone is going to be a it nervous so i wouldnt worry.
Reply 9
Original post by NPFTW

it will be worth it as long as you go to three events. and you don't have to stay all night! Also do feel like you HAVE to stay with people you go with, if they start to annoy you, just slowly slip away and find other, more sober people..
even if you just sit at the bar and enjoy the music. it's good to try new things ^_^

Just expect three types of people
1. People like yourself, who hardly, if ever go out, and have only faint ideas
2. the every-min-possible ravers! the one's who go to every event and get over excited. they'll probably be drinking while getting ready to leave.
3. casual party goers, they're more laid back and can have a good night in.

But you can also get people who bounce from one type to another ( Myself included haha )
don't have expectations, just go in with an open mind :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by NPFTW

I'm in sort of the same situation. I hardly drink or go out clubbing and have never gone to events like these. I'm all alone since I live off campus but I still plan to go. it's a great way to meet people. It's nice just to go out even if things don't go the way you expect at least you won't regret not going.
I haven't bought the package deal of the whole fresher's week because I thought £50 was too much for me because I'm not a party craze person, I prefer just being at home in my bed... but is anyone interested of going to tomorrow's Fresher's Welcome Party on Sat 26/09? http://hertfordshire.su/ents/event/1461/
Reply 12
Original post by Angeica.S
I haven't bought the package deal of the whole fresher's week because I thought £50 was too much for me because I'm not a party craze person, I prefer just being at home in my bed... but is anyone interested of going to tomorrow's Fresher's Welcome
Party on Sat 26/09? http://hertfordshire.su/ents/event/1461/

I wish I could go to those events but a lot of them are over 18. I was wondering if they checked for ID? they probably do when you buy the tickets so i unfortunately can't go since I hell as don't look my age. I still can't even pass for 18 so I doubt I can get in. I don't know why it's only over 18?
Reply 13
Original post by JoseAA
I wish I could go to those events but a lot of them are over 18. I was wondering if they checked for ID? they probably do when you buy the tickets so i unfortunately can't go since I hell as don't look my age. I still can't even pass for 18 so I doubt I can get in. I don't know why it's only over 18?

yeah they take your id and scan it to check your age so its probably not worth risking it!
Reply 14
Damn, looks like I'm off to the non-drinking events. haha :frown:
Original post by JoseAA

but you are 18, right? So why should you have a problem?
Reply 16
Original post by Hayley Williams
but you are 18, right? So why should you have a problem?

certain events-mostly the ones which involving the purchase of alcohol say they are exclusively only for over 18's which is ridiculous considering a fair portion of the first years are 18 unless I am wrong?
Original post by JoseAA
certain events-mostly the ones which involving the purchase of alcohol say they are exclusively only for over 18's which is ridiculous considering a fair portion of the first years are 18 unless I am wrong?

Doesn't over 18's, just mean 18 and over? :biggrin:
Original post by JoseAA

Most are 18/19 yes, but some international students and possibly people who skipped a year will be 17 :h:
Reply 19
Original post by Hayley Williams
Doesn't over 18's, just mean 18 and over? :biggrin:

Haha I wish, but I'm not going to risk paying for something I won't be able to get into, I was kinda hoping that was the case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending