The Student Room Group

Can a final year undergrad apply for postgraduate study?

Hi, :smile:

I am currently a final year student, doing Bachelor of Accounting in my country. I am planning to study in the U.K after I graduate next year (June 2016).
Can I apply for the postgraduate study now or do I have to wait until my graduation next year to apply?
Will I be able to register in the UCAS system for the September intake in 2016 or do I have to delay my plans due to the tight deadline?

Please enlighten me on this.

Thank you
Yes.
Yes. You can get applying now and start your postgraduate in September next year (2016).
Yes you can apply now. But very very few Postgraduate degrees come under UCAS - you apply to each university individually
Yeah you just get in touch with the university and at some point in the procedure you nominate a reference. At some point they'll tell you what grade you need to get (usually a decent 2:1) or what that converts to in international qualifications and if you get it and can prove you can pay, you're in. If you're looking to start in 2016 you've probably a bit of time unless you're thinking Oxbridge.
Reply 5
You are likely to get a conditional offer, but yes, many people apply in the final year of their batchelors degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Jantaculum
Yes you can apply now. But very very few Postgraduate degrees come under UCAS - you apply to each university individually

Thank you! I am now starting my applications through the uni's websites.
Reply 7
Original post by sevendaughters
Yeah you just get in touch with the university and at some point in the procedure you nominate a reference. At some point they'll tell you what grade you need to get (usually a decent 2:1) or what that converts to in international qualifications and if you get it and can prove you can pay, you're in. If you're looking to start in 2016 you've probably a bit of time unless you're thinking Oxbridge.

Thanks! I hope my applications will be considered by the universities :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending