The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Are my GCSE's good enough for Bsc Economics at LSE?

Hi guys,
I am aware that there are endless amounts of threads asking this very question but if you could reply with some honest advice, I will be extremely grateful. (PLEASE BE AS HARSH AND TRUTHFUL AS YOU WANT as it will be better for me to know the truth :smile: )
I got 3 A*'s and 8 A's and an E in French (lol huge contrast i know :biggrin: )

Im taking maths chemistry economics and bilogy for AS but dropping biology for A2.

Considering i get the a level requirment.... could someone tell me whther or not my GCSE's are good enough please?

Regards
Cookie Monster
amazing i have lower youll be fine
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by sophiamarni

Are you in LSE or still in school?
Original post by CookieMonster666
Hi guys,
I am aware that there are endless amounts of threads asking this very question but if you could reply with some honest advice, I will be extremely grateful. (PLEASE BE AS HARSH AND TRUTHFUL AS YOU WANT as it will be better for me to know the truth :smile: )

Im taking maths chemistry economics and bilogy for AS but dropping biology for A2.

Considering i get the a level requirment.... could someone tell me whther or not my GCSE's are good enough please?

Regards
Cookie Monster

Truthfully, I think it's a bit low... I've heard that LSE is really picky about GCSEs but I'm not sure if this is just a myth or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the latter my love
Are you in LSE or still in school?
Hi guys,

Regards
Cookie Monster

Actually they're low for LSE Econ.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
Actually they're low for LSE Econ.

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 girls in my school got in with lower
what kind of gcses does LSE normally want for bsc economics? my friend is hoping to apply
I'm not too sure. I have heard that they place a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades, don't know how true that is. I got 9A* and a B so my grades shouldn't be an issue but for A2 I got predicted A*(econ)AA so I'm thinking that the fact I haven't been predicted A* in maths might be an issue there.
3 girls in my school got in with lower

For Economics? And also is your school a low attaining one? or did they have amazing cocurriculars and AS UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yl95
For Economics? And also is your school a low attaining one? or did they have amazing cocurriculars and AS UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

its a low attaining one but the girls did amazingly well 5 at oxbridge :smile: they had amazing ums but lacked in co curriculars my friend bull**** in hers XD
it was a first for the school
Reply 11
its a low attaining one but the girls did amazingly well 5 at oxbridge :smile: they had amazing ums but lacked in co curriculars my friend bull**** in hers XD

You are at a 'low attaining' school that sent 5 students to Oxbridge and 3 to LSE in a single year?

Then the OP still probably stands a low chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h3110
You are at a 'low attaining' school that sent 5 students to Oxbridge and 3 to LSE in a single year?

Probably loads of people in a year group

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by yl95
Probably loads of people in a year group

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most secondary schools have between 501 and 1,000 pupils. The school I went to has about 1,500 pupils, and is the best state school in the city, yet it only sent 2 pupils to Oxbridge in 2015 and 1 in 2014.

I think the person above is underrating their school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending