The Student Room Group

Higher Psychology 2015/2016

Hi

I haven't seen a higher psychology form if there is one sorry 😬

I guess share experiences and so on.

I'm doing higher psychology as part of an evening course as my school don't teach it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I'm doing Higher Psychology as part of a routes to higher education course at my college. Not really keen on my teacher, so doing a lot of self study.
Right now she's got us making an academic poster on the cognitive psychological approach to sleep and I'm really struggling for what to put in it!
Original post by pkfb269
Hello! I'm doing Higher Psychology as part of a routes to higher education course at my college. Not really keen on my teacher, so doing a lot of self study.
Right now she's got us making an academic poster on the cognitive psychological approach to sleep and I'm really struggling for what to put in it!

We've to do an essay 3000 words on "sleep, dreams and sleep disorders" and all we've been given is an example essay but I don't understand it.. He isn't very useful in that sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi

I'm doing Higher Psychology. Does anyone have any details regarding the assignment. My understanding is that it is based on a brief selected from a bank of SQA briefs relating to different topics in psychology. When do we find out more about this? Has anyone seen the briefs, can these be viewed?

Thanks
Original post by ASugar
Hi

I'm doing Higher Psychology. Does anyone have any details regarding the assignment. My understanding is that it is based on a brief selected from a bank of SQA briefs relating to different topics in psychology. When do we find out more about this? Has anyone seen the briefs, can these be viewed?

Thanks

I haven't seen any and I'm kinda stressed out about it, all that I've been given is too look at Freud if I wanted to do dreams but I have no clue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by WeekendWrecker
I haven't seen any and I'm kinda stressed out about it, all that I've been given is too look at Freud if I wanted to do dreams but I have no clue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have seen or heard nothing either. Will let you know when I do.
Original post by ASugar
I have seen or heard nothing either. Will let you know when I do.

Thank you! I will do as well, the entire course seems to be in shambles to be honest.
Update : I wrote the essay on Sleep, dreams and sleep disorders and got a Pass, that is one unit complete.

For anyone who is still to write it, I suggest going into detail for your approaches and evaluation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Update : I wrote the essay on Sleep, dreams and sleep disorders and got a Pass, that is one unit complete.

For anyone who is still to write it, I suggest going into detail for your approaches and evaluation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for tip. Have you heard anything about assignment briefs? We've discussed importance of the assignment but no information regarding briefs.
Original post by ASugar
Thanks for tip. Have you heard anything about assignment briefs? We've discussed importance of the assignment but no information regarding briefs.

We are using either the sleep topic or
Memory - I am the youngest in my class so I can't actually take part in the sleep experiment they are wanting to do on driving, so I am going to do memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
We are using either the sleep topic or
Memory - I am the youngest in my class so I can't actually take part in the sleep experiment they are wanting to do on driving, so I am going to do memory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you been shown the SQA briefs so that you can decide what you want to do?
Original post by ASugar
Have you been shown the SQA briefs so that you can decide what you want to do?

Yeah we have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Are you able to tell me about them - I've not seen them yet
Original post by ASugar
Are you able to tell me about them - I've not seen them yet

Yeah ill send them when I get home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - that would be great
Reply 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any update on briefs?
Original post by ASugar
Any update on briefs?

I haven't yet been able to access them, but the sleep one is to do with being a morning or night person but you have to put a technology question in... I am doing mines on memory - as it was easier - but that can take a whole variety of experiments as long as you reference research.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Thanks

I've not seen the briefs. However it looks as if I'm being directed towards conformity. I'll let you know how I'm doing as I progress with it.
Reply 18
anyone started the assignment?
Original post by dkdkdkdk
anyone started the assignment?

I have, doing mines on memory

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest