The Student Room Group

Higher Psychology 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by WeekendWrecker
I have, doing mines on memory

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep - I've started too "conformity" we did not get a choice. Never even saw options!
Im doing higher psych this year but my lecturer was off for 6 weeks and we had about 3 different people coming so the teaching was really messed up. I have my research methods assessment on the 12th on the same day as my chemistry prelim so if you guys have any tips for the assessment that would really be helpful. :frown:
[QUOTE=The999Theory;61743253]Im doing higher psych this year but my lecturer was off for 6 weeks and we had about 3 different people coming so the teaching was really messed up. I have my research methods assessment on the 12th on the same day as my chemistry prelim so if you guys have any tips for the assessment that would really be helpful. :frown:
Our class had an open book assessment for the Research Methods, is that not the same for your class?

To be honest, my psychology teacher has taught us nothing, she cannot explain when we ask questions and reads out and makes us do activities from booklets that is not even hers. I have no idea how I will pass
Original post by redddddd
Our class had an open book assessment for the Research Methods, is that not the same for your class?

To be honest, my psychology teacher has taught us nothing, she cannot explain when we ask questions and reads out and makes us do activities from booklets that is not even hers. I have no idea how I will pass

Yeah we did an open book assessment for Memory and I passed that fine but I wasnt sure of research methods, what kind of stuff was in it? was it short questions or the type that are done like mini essays? ahhh im freaking out so bad hahaha
Original post by The999Theory
Yeah we did an open book assessment for Memory and I passed that fine but I wasnt sure of research methods, what kind of stuff was in it? was it short questions or the type that are done like mini essays? ahhh im freaking out so bad hahaha

Don't freak out, honestly it wasn't that bad. There were no mini essays, you are not supposed to get mini essays in assessments. Mini essays are for prelims and exams.

Just revise all the different research methods, the research stages, the ethical issues and the sampling techniques etc
Don't freak out, honestly it wasn't that bad. There were no mini essays, you are not supposed to get mini essays in assessments. Mini essays are for prelims and exams.

Just revise all the different research methods, the research stages, the ethical issues and the sampling techniques etc

Thank you so much!!! Good luck for the rest of the year, I really hope the exam isn't too bad.
Thank you so much!!! Good luck for the rest of the year, I really hope the exam isn't too bad.

Thank you, good luck to you too. Btw what are you doing your assignment on?
Thank you, good luck to you too. Btw what are you doing your assignment on?

The whole class had got given different aspects of memory to look at and my group is doing how mind maps are associated with remembering. Actually now that I think about it I had to do some research into it over the break. :c What are you doing yours on?
Reply 28
can anyone help with the research proposal form?
The whole class had got given different aspects of memory to look at and my group is doing how mind maps are associated with remembering. Actually now that I think about it I had to do some research into it over the break. :c What are you doing yours on?

Oh I really want to do it on memory now but I can't because the topic we are doing alongside sleep and dreams is mindsets. :smile:
I am doing it on something to do with growth mindsets and fixed mindsets. Don't properly know the aim yet
Oh I really want to do it on memory now but I can't because the topic we are doing alongside sleep and dreams is mindsets. :smile:
I am doing it on something to do with growth mindsets and fixed mindsets. Don't properly know the aim yet

we didn't get given a lot of proper guidance before the holidays so i'm not too sure what we're doing either. :c apparently the lecturers/teachers aren't meant to give much help but mine is very strongly against that idea haha, I think this 40% is going to be pretty hard to get tbh.
Reply 31
Hi

After some help.

Can anyone point me to good information on biological approach to sleep, biological approach to dreams, cognitive approach to sleep and cognitive approach to dreams? Something easy to understand.

Cheers
ASugar
Original post by ASugar
HiAfter some help.Can anyone point me to good information on biological approach to sleep, biological approach to dreams, cognitive approach to sleep and cognitive approach to dreams? Something easy to understand.CheersASugar

I have been trying for ages to find something that is easily understandable but I literally can't find anything. The only resource there is scholar but that is not really the best, in my opinion, because its paragraph after paragraph and hard to grasp.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
I have been trying for ages to find something that is easily understandable but I literally can't find anything. The only resource there is scholar but that is not really the best, in my opinion, because its paragraph after paragraph and hard to grasp.

I'll keep on looking and let you know if I get lucky. I might ask my teacher!
Just to say, the website http://www.simplypsychology.org/ has helped me a lot through this course and I passed my Memory assessment really well using this. c: It even has an A-Z index which is extremely handy in navigating the page!!!! :biggrin:
Just to say, the website http://www.simplypsychology.org/ has helped me a lot through this course and I passed my Memory assessment really well using this. c: It even has an A-Z index which is extremely handy in navigating the page!!!! :biggrin:

Yeah it is, Scholar is also very good for the biological aspect of it all. If you can get your hands on a log in and password it is amazing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have any of you guys had your prelim yet? If so how was it and how did you prepare for Sleep and Dreams?
Reply 37
Have any of you guys had your prelim yet? If so how was it and how did you prepare for Sleep and Dreams?

This week. Plan to study following:

Definition
Biological and Cognitive approaches
Theories - Restoration & Reorganisational
Sleep Disorders
A few research cases supporting above

That's it but I am behind schedule
Original post by ASugar
This week. Plan to study following:

Definition
Biological and Cognitive approaches
Theories - Restoration & Reorganisational
Sleep Disorders
A few research cases supporting above

That's it but I am behind schedule

Thank you but what sort of stuff are you studying for the biological approach? What my teacher has taught us is completely different from what is on scholar for the biological approach. Scholar goes into all about the different brain parts roles etc but I have just been taught circadian rhythms, sleep stages, and how you study the sleep behaviour?
Reply 39
Thank you but what sort of stuff are you studying for the biological approach? What my teacher has taught us is completely different from what is on scholar for the biological approach. Scholar goes into all about the different brain parts roles etc but I have just been taught circadian rhythms, sleep stages, and how you study the sleep behaviour?

Same - I noticed scholar had a lot more detail. I'm going with what the teacher covered in this area which is very similar to what you described. I like the scholar research stuff though.

Quick Reply

Latest