The Student Room Group

Higher Psychology 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

my class didnt do phobias or wellbeing. we did memory, research methods, sleep dreams and sleep disorders, aggression then conformity and obedience.
How are you guys leaning the dates of the relevant research? I always have trouble with that haha. Also I cant find specific dates for Freud's research?
Original post by The999Theory
How are you guys leaning the dates of the relevant research? I always have trouble with that haha. Also I cant find specific dates for Freud's research?

Depends what research by Freud you are using will depend what date. For example, if using Little Hans then it's 1909. :smile:
Does anyone think that a scenario will come up for section 1 (research) this year, like the exemplar and specimen paper. I think it is a possibility as it was just a one off for last year? I hope I am wrong though as I prefer it without a scenario. Also, how is everyone feeling about the exam? Any predictions?

:smile:
Hey, is anyone doing prejudice as the optional topic? If so, what research studies are you revising?? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125
Okay I'm looking into the following:The robber's cave studyTajfel's minimal group studyCohen (1981) confirmation biasBut the first one is my main one. I've left things a bit late and will be cramming and playing the percentage game.

Original post by redddddd
Hey, is anyone doing prejudice as the optional topic? If so, what research studies are you revising?? Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASugar
Okay I'm looking into the following:The robber's cave studyTajfel's minimal group studyCohen (1981) confirmation biasBut the first one is my main one. I've left things a bit late and will be cramming and playing the percentage game.

Okay, thank you
Would just doing Adorno and Tajfel will be okay even though they are part of the two theories or should I do other ones like the one you mentioned and Cook etc as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 127
You should be fine - I'm dropping Cohen
Robber's cave is a good one to read over

Okay, thank you
Would just doing Adorno and Tajfel will be okay even though they are part of the two theories or should I do other ones like the one you mentioned and Cook etc as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ambermorris
Depends what research by Freud you are using will depend what date. For example, if using Little Hans then it's 1909. :smile:

Thanks!!
what does it generally mean by concepts and theories? like could a theory for memory be the weapon focus phenomenon?
Original post by samsam9797
Does anyone think that a scenario will come up for section 1 (research) this year, like the exemplar and specimen paper. I think it is a possibility as it was just a one off for last year? I hope I am wrong though as I prefer it without a scenario. Also, how is everyone feeling about the exam? Any predictions?

:smile:

I'm worried about the exam and I think that it is very difficult to predict what is coming up when it is a very new course!
Although the exemplar and specimen paper both have scenarios, it des not guarantee that a scenario question will appear so it is always best to prepare for both. But I do hope that a scenario comes up; when a scenario is given, I find it easier to answer questions as certain things within the scenario give me the promt that I need to answer the question.:smile:
How do you guys feel in terms of revision?? Are you all ready or do you still have a LOT to revise like me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you guys feel in terms of revision?? Are you all ready or do you still have a LOT to revise like me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still have like the whole of our individual behaviour optional topic to revise and no more time to do it, since I have 3 exams next week to study for. Looks like I'm in for some trouble if it comes up.
I still have like the whole of our individual behaviour optional topic to revise and no more time to do it, since I have 3 exams next week to study for. Looks like I'm in for some trouble if it comes up.

Aww good luck, even though it's taking a huge risk, I don't think the optional topic of individual will come up this year so if you really have no time whatsoever then don't worry about it.
I have the whole of social behaviour, research and optional topic of individual to revise for and then if time allows some pastpaper questions 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww good luck, even though it's taking a huge risk, I don't think the optional topic of individual will come up this year so if you really have no time whatsoever then don't worry about it.
I have the whole of social behaviour, research and optional topic of individual to revise for and then if time allows some pastpaper questions 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it will either but it's still very risky but i'll try squeeze it in. Best of luck to you! Are you studying the evaluation of theories and approaches? Or just the evaluation of research studies?
I don't think it will either but it's still very risky but i'll try squeeze it in. Best of luck to you! Are you studying the evaluation of theories and approaches? Or just the evaluation of research studies?

Thanks
Just the evaluation of research studies, weren't taught evaluation of the approaches and theories but then there was a lot of stuff that we didn't get taught. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What research has anyone got for Sleep, Dreams and Sleep disorders? Ive only got Dement and Kleitman and idk what else to do
Original post by The999Theory
What research has anyone got for Sleep, Dreams and Sleep disorders? Ive only got Dement and Kleitman and idk what else to do

the other mandatory one for sleep is Czeisler et al. (1990) shift work study
what do you think the chances of sleep, dreams, and sleep disorders coming up this year? because it never came up last year, and i'm really hoping i can use the biological approach to it or the theories. i also suck at memory, which is my optional topic!!!!!!!!!!
also, there's no theories in conformity and obedience is there? because i have for my optional social topic, but conformity and obedience appears to just be research and concepts...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending