The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

dollsie
i went for tyler cout/parkwood ensuites- my insurance though

Me too, so If I ended up at Kent doubt Id get the accommodation I wanted.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
I applied for Tyler Court A...I think!
Might aswell ask here as well...

Wondering whats the different between Tyler Court A and Tyler Court B & C?
Reply 23
ALEXnk
Might aswell ask here as well...

Wondering whats the different between Tyler Court A and Tyler Court B & C?

A used to be for postgrads only but this yr postgrads are being shipped of to the back and beyond (well basically the far end of parkwood) and tyler court A is for undergrads as well as B and C, i think coz B and C were so so popular for undergrads and postgrads really couldnt care less where they live coz their "more mature and care about their degree more" haha as one guide told me lol.
lol, so i take it Tyler B & C is better? And Tyler A is a bit scrummy?

If so ill apply to B&C now :P
Reply 25
ALEXnk
lol, so i take it Tyler B & C is better? And Tyler A is a bit scrummy?

If so ill apply to B&C now :P

haha yeh B&C are newer, only by a couple of yrs but A looked in pretty fair condition considering, i guess the postgrads looked after it more lol.
Reply 26
mtbab
A used to be for postgrads only but this yr postgrads are being shipped of to the back and beyond (well basically the far end of parkwood) and tyler court A is for undergrads as well as B and C, i think coz B and C were so so popular for undergrads and postgrads really couldnt care less where they live coz their "more mature and care about their degree more" haha as one guide told me lol.

grrrrrr (lol) :p: Us postgrads are not all about our degree! :smile:

Tyler court is fab though. With the exception of some dodgy corridor mate and messy unclean peeps, it really is miles better than the standard accomodation thats on campus at kent! I wished I had ensuite accomodation for my first year as an undergrad at kent.

Tyler Court in general (b and c as well) does have problems of luke warm water in the mornings were I guess most people are using their showers (which is my only real grumble about the place). Although I do know other postgrads who complain about EVERYTHING, ie the air con in the ensuite wet room, the 'small' rooms (i dont think there that small) poor tv reception (i dont have that prob), problems of lice in their bed (not sure if thats true!?!) etc etc. The B and C courts are much nicer though as there very new. The kitchens and bedrooms of B & C are much bigger than A.

Tyler Court A, B, C are in good condition (compared to the dodgy ones in elliot, darwin and keynes). Tyler Court B and C are nicer than A, but only coz its new! Beckett Court is supposed to be the best accomodation on campus apparently. Park Wood is a completely different ball game-its like a residential student town=but its also better than the standard rooms in keynes.
Cool, ill go for B&C then :biggrin:

Do i need to put anything in the "other accommodation requests" box?

Latest

Trending

Trending