The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Moving in tomorrow. I have no idea what's going to happen.

Right. So I'm moving to Leicester, never been before and know absolute no-one there (clearing, lol). I'm living privately and most likely won't really have anyone living with me to make buddies with unlike the vast majority of people that are living in halls.

For anyone who's been in the same position as I'll be tomorrow, what usually happens when you move in? How do you go about Freshers, Enrolment, and just.. you know settling in. I don't want to feel like a lost idiot going about the opening week wrong.
Original post by WaqarK96
I don't want to feel like a lost idiot going about the opening week wrong.

Be honest with yourself. Be a lost idiot going about the opening week wrong. Everyone else will! :smile:

Seriously though - get down to the union and find out what's what. I am surprised you haven't had some sort of welcome pack that gives you the basics. That said there will be plenty of people around to point you in the right direction and introduce you to other people. Freshers week is a bit of a bizarre one. Once it is over it is as if it never happened. You often don't see people you met that week and suddenly your course mates become your best friends.

Have an amazing one, and remember, if you feel like an idiot who doesn't know what is going on, seek comfort in knowing that all the other newbies like you are in exactly the same position!

Good luck!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by WaqarK96
Right. So I'm moving to Leicester, never been before and know absolute no-one there (clearing, lol). I'm living privately and most likely won't really have anyone living with me to make buddies with unlike the vast majority of people that are living in halls.

For anyone who's been in the same position as I'll be tomorrow, what usually happens when you move in? How do you go about Freshers, Enrolment, and just.. you know settling in. I don't want to feel like a lost idiot going about the opening week wrong.

Hey how did it go? I'm sure you'll be fine once you get used to the environment. I'm moving to Leicester on Saturday so I'm sort of in the same position as you being nervous and all that but I'm genuinely excited
Reply 3
Original post by Alfredl96
Hey how did it go? I'm sure you'll be fine once you get used to the environment. I'm moving to Leicester on Saturday so I'm sort of in the same position as you being nervous and all that but I'm genuinely excited

I moved in and it is genuinely exciting. Only spent an evening and a night here though. Something came up so I've had to go back home today and will be back Friday, so in a sense I'll be restarting then. But moving in was brilliant. My apartment is great.

I walked around campus for a bit and checked out the town and everything is seriously a simple walk away. Haven't done much else but on Friday I'll hit up the actual campus etc.

But yeah, I'm still a little nervous but I can sense that in the coming weeks everything is going to be epic.

Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by ByEeek
Be honest with yourself. Be a lost idiot going about the opening week wrong. Everyone else will! :smile:

Seriously though - get down to the union and find out what's what. I am surprised you haven't had some sort of welcome pack that gives you the basics. That said there will be plenty of people around to point you in the right direction and introduce you to other people. Freshers week is a bit of a bizarre one. Once it is over it is as if it never happened. You often don't see people you met that week and suddenly your course mates become your best friends.

Have an amazing one, and remember, if you feel like an idiot who doesn't know what is going on, seek comfort in knowing that all the other newbies like you are in exactly the same position!

Good luck!

Cheers man!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending