The Student Room Group

Temporary pin?

I finish my degree this week and we have been given mixed messages as to whether or not we get a temporary NMC pin.

If anyone from Teesside uni is out there, the assessment board sat on 17th but I still havent heard anything! anyone know whats going on with that? :O
Reply 1
Original post by nmward1
I finish my degree this week and we have been given mixed messages as to whether or not we get a temporary NMC pin.

If anyone from Teesside uni is out there, the assessment board sat on 17th but I still havent heard anything! anyone know whats going on with that? :O
Your best bet is to contact your department and ask them for an update and clarification. If you need the PIN urgently because you have a job to go to, your new employer will be familiar with the process and should be able to advise you on what, if anything, you need to do.
I've never heard of a temporary PIN being issued, tbf the whole idea of it sounds pointless as the same checks would be needed for it as would be to get you on the register anyway.

It's a case of waiting it out until the NMC contact you and you getting your name onto the register. Some departments let nurses in waiting join them working as a HCA until they get their pin, the banding and whether you get backdated pay once registered will vary from place to place. Like Minerva has said, it'd be best to speak to your new employer if you're waiting to start work and see what they can do.

Quick Reply

Latest