The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to revise for 4 weeks for my GCSE English Language exam?

Hello everyone,

I really need help, advice and answers about my situation.

So, I last did my GCSE English Language 2 years ago in June 2013 and got a grade C. However, I'm now thinking of resitting one GCSE English Language exam in November 2015 to push my grade up to a B.
In the specific exam I'm intending to resit (which is Non-fiction texts), I got a borderline C grade (technically 2 UMS above C/D grade boundary) for my June 2013 result.
For the November 2015 exam, I need a borderline B grade (technically 1 UMS below B/C grade boundary) to get an overall grade B.

Considering I haven't done GCSE English Language for 2 years and I'm not particularly good at GCSE English Language, is it possible for me to revise for just over 4 weeks between now and exam time to get a grade B?

If so, how should I do it?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Ali97
Hello everyone,

I really need help, advice and answers about my situation.

So, I last did my GCSE English Language 2 years ago in June 2013 and got a grade C. However, I'm now thinking of resitting one GCSE English Language exam in November 2015 to push my grade up to a B.
In the specific exam I'm intending to resit (which is Non-fiction texts), I got a borderline C grade (technically 2 UMS above C/D grade boundary) for my June 2013 result.
For the November 2015 exam, I need a borderline B grade (technically 1 UMS below B/C grade boundary) to get an overall grade B.

Considering I haven't done GCSE English Language for 2 years and I'm not particularly good at GCSE English Language, is it possible for me to revise for just over 4 weeks between now and exam time to get a grade B?

If so, how should I do it?

Thanks

What exam board is this?

For the AQA paper i sat in June we done about 6 weeks of work for it. While managing my other subjects, i got an A* in the exam paper so i would definitely say it's possible for you to achieve a B with 4 weeks revision.

For revision purposes, I think getting a textbook for your specification, be it AQA or another, will help a lot! Also, make sure your SPG is good and do loads of past papers. Practise writing in the time you will be allocated in the exam.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest