The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
x Sara
There are numerous reasons for why module marks do get downgraded, mostly because of lenient marking by subject teachers.

Although in my schools case it is not the teachers marking, the teachers marked the same as they did last time, (the same teachers also), and believed that we had all significantly improved. But when Edexcel viewed the samples sent to them they remarked the whole lot, giving lower grades than before. Why is it that they suddenly became strict this year and did not do this last year?
This course is rediculous, im just glad that im not the only one. & yes my teachers have no clue how to teach it either, at least some of you can drop it instead of having to carry on at A2.
Reply 22
I had Listen that edexcel wants to clear this subjet, because is not useful, I have done the courseworks and sincerely I have not learnt nothing, I have one A in both, unit 1 87% and in unit 2 93% and I assure to you that I am not more cultured nor nothing of that.

This is why i think that edexcel is putting the mark boundiries higher.
90jlgp
I had Listen that edexcel wants to clear this subjet, because is not useful, I have done the courseworks and sincerely I have not learnt nothing, I have one A in both, unit 1 87% and in unit 2 93% and I assure to you that I am not more cultured nor nothing of that.

This is why i think that edexcel is putting the mark boundiries higher.

I agree with you, i haven't learnt anything aswell.
Reply 24
I reallly need some help on Unit 2- the digital economy. I need to do a rush-job on the ENTIRE unit as the deadline is about 2/3 weeks after the easter hols!! I don't even need the qualification.

Also, does anybody know how I can change the file paths on my pictures? I'm using Dreamweaver to make my portfolio and i just haven't got a clue.

School won't let me drop it, so I'm planning on doing badly to make them look bad instead. (Ours is the kind of school where anything less than a B looks atrocious!)
Reply 25
namakemono
I reallly need some help on Unit 2- the digital economy. I need to do a rush-job on the ENTIRE unit as the deadline is about 2/3 weeks after the easter hols!! I don't even need the qualification.

Also, does anybody know how I can change the file paths on my pictures? I'm using Dreamweaver to make my portfolio and i just haven't got a clue.

School won't let me drop it, so I'm planning on doing badly to make them look bad instead. (Ours is the kind of school where anything less than a B looks atrocious!)

Deliberately trying to do bad in a unit isn't going to make things better for you, instead why don't you look at the sample e- portfolios on the edexcel website. The person who produced this coursework for unit 2 got 88/100, so if you use that as a template for your coursework then you''ll be fine.
My teachers are really helpful, when it comes to the coursework, ones a genius on flash so hes able to help me on anything i do, and trust me there is some very complcaited stuff there.

The edexcel exams are terrible, and it looks for the same for this years one, the exam is done over 3 weeks....LOL
ALEXnk
My teachers are really helpful, when it comes to the coursework, ones a genius on flash so hes able to help me on anything i do, and trust me there is some very complcaited stuff there.

The edexcel exams are terrible, and it looks for the same for this years one, the exam is done over 3 weeks....LOL

It can be covered over 3 weeks, but my school would be covering it in a week so we'll be doing 2 hours each day, which isn't really good since we'll be missing out on a lot of lessons during the exam. The 3 week window for the unit 7 exam is 7th may to 25th may.
course sucks....

got a C overall in AS coz of the exam and now have a lot of problems in flash :s-smilie:

need to resubmit unit 1 and 2 from last year and also finsh 8 an 10 from this year on top of my other subs..... impossible !

i hate this subject and i advice every single person be you the best at computers, just dont pick it..... dont even think about picking it.... tell your skool not to even print it out on your choice papers.... just dont do anything related to this course :smile:
x Sara
It can be covered over 3 weeks, but my school would be covering it in a week so we'll be doing 2 hours each day, which isn't really good since we'll be missing out on a lot of lessons during the exam. The 3 week window for the unit 7 exam is 7th may to 25th may.

we're doing it over 3 weeks, and in between the hour sessions the teacher is running surgergies to cover anything we dont understand, says we should all get A's, doubt it since in terrible on the database stuff
ALEXnk
we're doing it over 3 weeks, and in between the hour sessions the teacher is running surgergies to cover anything we dont understand, says we should all get A's, doubt it since in terrible on the database stuff

Thats a really good idea, wish my teacher could do something like that :mad:
liverpool
course sucks....

got a C overall in AS coz of the exam and now have a lot of problems in flash :s-smilie:

need to resubmit unit 1 and 2 from last year and also finsh 8 an 10 from this year on top of my other subs..... impossible !

i hate this subject and i advice every single person be you the best at computers, just dont pick it..... dont even think about picking it.... tell your skool not to even print it out on your choice papers.... just dont do anything related to this course :smile:

My advice would be to STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS SUBJECT.
Ive learnt some stuff though :biggrin: It really depends on your teacher. Ive learnt how to use Flash, Excel better, Access, Dreamweaver, some other multimedia stuff. Content wise though ive not really learnt anything.

Sara is quite bitter though, I know from MSN. LOLS
Reply 33
I'm in A2 now,

I do have to admit that after AS I was more familiar with Excel, and this year did actually learn to use Access much better than before.

Again like other people - content wise i've learnt nothing

The course is proper dull though so don't even go near it if you have the choice
STAY AWAY
mayan
I'm in A2 now,

I do have to admit that after AS I was more familiar with Excel, and this year did actually learn to use Access much better than before.

Again like other people - content wise i've learnt nothing

The course is proper dull though so don't even go near it if you have the choice
STAY AWAY

Have you already done the unit 7 exam??
Reply 35
Maybe this course is less about learning and more about proving that you can use various computer packages effectively??
Yay got 113/120 for Unit 8 + Unit 10

Need 76/90 thought to get an A overall in this exam, going to be incredibly tough. Tbh i dont even know how to use access.
Reply 37
As i mentioned earlier all our resubmitted work for Units 1 and 2 was downgraded, and our school appealed against these marks. This appeal was successful for one of the units, and all the marks have gone up to what our teacher had marked them as, improving on last years. However we are still waiting for news on the other unit.

Also, I've heard about data files for this years Unit 7 exam being leaked. What data files are these, like the data to be imported into the database? Or the questions that will come up in the exam? And what are Edexcel doing about it?

Not that it really matters to me, whether I have the data before hand or not, none of our class know how to use Access very well, our first exam session is next thursday, and since Easter our teacher has managed to show us how to import data, and partly how to split tables (though when he shows us it is usually unsuccessful, lot of hope we have).
Reply 38
Im so worried... Our school going to submit all our e-portfolios for the first time this may. The deadline date may 15th is sooo early.. it takes the piss.
I am doing double aswell All 12 units going to be sent off. We have had no feedback on any of them. Our teachers havent even marked the coursework yet, and even if they do from what ive heard the moderation will put the marks down. Even if our school appeals its going to be too late as the unis will not confirm the offer and we probly will have to apply next year or something.

hobo06
As i mentioned earlier all our resubmitted work for Units 1 and 2 was downgraded, and our school appealed against these marks. This appeal was successful for one of the units, and all the marks have gone up to what our teacher had marked them as, improving on last years. However we are still waiting for news on the other unit.

Also, I've heard about data files for this years Unit 7 exam being leaked. What data files are these, like the data to be imported into the database? Or the questions that will come up in the exam? And what are Edexcel doing about it?

Not that it really matters to me, whether I have the data before hand or not, none of our class know how to use Access very well, our first exam session is next thursday, and since Easter our teacher has managed to show us how to import data, and partly how to split tables (though when he shows us it is usually unsuccessful, lot of hope we have).

Latest

Trending

Trending