The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

With my GCSEs, will LSE even consider me?

Hi,
I'm currently in Yr 12 and studying Maths, Economics, Geography and Computer for AS, however as this year the AS grades won't count towards the final A-Level I'm worrying LSE are going to put more emphasis on GCSEs.

For GCSE I got:
2A*s (Maths + Biology), 9As (including economics)

With these GCSE results will LSE even consider my application?
Reply 1
My GCSEs were worse than yours and LSE offered me a conditional place, so yeah go for it.

I personally didn't accept their conditional offer because I thought it was too high for me even though I exceeded it in the end - was gutted!

My GCSEs were 2 A*s, 5 As and 4 Bs
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by swingrx
Hi,
I'm currently in Yr 12 and studying Maths, Economics, Geography and Computer for AS, however as this year the AS grades won't count towards the final A-Level I'm worrying LSE are going to put more emphasis on GCSEs.

For GCSE I got:

Depends on which course. Law and Econ - too low

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I got A*AAAAAAABBC at GCSE - so nothing spectacular, but I still got an unconditional offer from LSE.

They take your personal statement into higher account, so I really wouldn't let your GCSE's put you off at all. Just make sure you have a really strong personal statement and you'll have just as much chance as someone with 11 A*'s :smile:
Original post by swingrx
Hi,

For GCSE I got:

For which course?

If it's for Economics, then not having AS/A Level Further maths will be an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending