The Student Room Group

Actuarial Science, Retaking A-level Maths

Hi there!

I'm planning to do Actuarial Science and am starting university next year (2016). I've sat for my full A-level Maths last June. I'm aware that all universities require an A for Maths in order to apply for this course. I, however, missed by a few marks and got a B. I'm retaking the paper in June next year and am wondering if the universities will not accept my application as I did not get an A for it the first time?
Original post by ndazln
Hi there!

I'm planning to do Actuarial Science and am starting university next year (2016). I've sat for my full A-level Maths last June. I'm aware that all universities require an A for Maths in order to apply for this course. I, however, missed by a few marks and got a B. I'm retaking the paper in June next year and am wondering if the universities will not accept my application as I did not get an A for it the first time?

I think you should be fine, of course it does also depend on your other A levels as well as the criteria for actuarial science is increasing with more universities offering it as well, but overall should be fine, does of course depend on the university as well you are applying for too.

Quick Reply

Latest