The Student Room Group
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath

is Bath Spa in the middle of nowhere??

To anyone who goes to, or has visited, Bath Spa - is it in the middle of nowhere?? Because from videos on youtube it literally looks like it is surrounded by fields, farms and cows as far as the eye can see! Please can anyone explain!

Scroll to see replies

its not in the middle on no where... depending on the course it will either be in the centre (Art and design) or the rest is literally on the outskirts of bath.. takes like a 5min bus drive from the centre of bath
Students at work, Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University
Bath
Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 17.21.30.jpg
Reply 3
Fam... Are you seriously asking this question?
Reply 4
No it's relatively close to the city centre.
Reply 5
Original post by katiebaker97
its not in the middle on no where... depending on the course it will either be in the centre (Art and design) or the rest is literally on the outskirts of bath.. takes like a 5min bus drive from the centre of bath

Thank you for your reply!! The one which is on the outskirts of bath, when you are there am I right in saying that all you can see is fields/grass? Sorry to ask, it's just what I've been told and wanted to clarify, thanks again!
Original post by kiesha_murs
Thank you for your reply!! The one which is on the outskirts of bath, when you are there am I right in saying that all you can see is fields/grass? Sorry to ask, it's just what I've been told and wanted to clarify, thanks again!

I believe so.. im not 100% sure as i don't live in Bath, but I've been to that area. I would reckon that is the right area because Bath has a lot of fields on the outskirts, its such a beautiful place
Reply 7
Original post by katiebaker97
I believe so.. im not 100% sure as i don't live in Bath, but I've been to that area. I would reckon that is the right area because Bath has a lot of fields on the outskirts, its such a beautiful place

Thank you for your reply :smile:
Reply 8
It is around 15 minutes by bus from the city centre, yet surrounded by fields, historic buildings and swans.

(Because Bath is smallish and contained by hills, once you get out you're quickly into the countryside, and this is where BSU is sited.) Regular buses into town or out to Bristol, 20 minutes or so to cycle back to Bath, it's a really beautiful campus. Don't be frightened of being isolated: look at google maps to see how close it really is to the city!
Reply 9
Original post by TashTLM
It is around 15 minutes by bus from the city centre, yet surrounded by fields, historic buildings and swans.

(Because Bath is smallish and contained by hills, once you get out you're quickly into the countryside, and this is where BSU is sited.) Regular buses into town or out to Bristol, 20 minutes or so to cycle back to Bath, it's a really beautiful campus. Don't be frightened of being isolated: look at google maps to see how close it really is to the city!

thank you!!
thank you!!

It does seem to be rather far from the city centre :s-smilie:

Are you going to Bath Spa now?
I used to live near there, good times :smile: (didn't go to uni there though)
Original post by SeanFM
It does seem to be rather far from the city centre :s-smilie:

Are you going to Bath Spa now?

no, in the end I never even visited the uni as I wasn't certain about it but just saw this thread again so thought I'd reply! However I am thinking that perhaps I should have visited it before discounting it completely, I may have loved it - I will never know... But for now I'm happy with my choices.

Are you thinking about going to Bath Spa?
no, in the end I never even visited the uni as I wasn't certain about it but just saw this thread again so thought I'd reply! However I am thinking that perhaps I should have visited it before discounting it completely, I may have loved it - I will never know... But for now I'm happy with my choices.

Are you thinking about going to Bath Spa?

:iiam: who knows what could have been, eh? :tongue:

I am a second year student at Bath :angelblush:
Original post by SeanFM
:iiam: who knows what could have been, eh? :tongue:

I am a second year student at Bath :angelblush:

haha I will never know...

oh my days, uni of Bath? Wow thats awesome! Are you enjoying life in Bath? :h:
Reply 15
Newton Park (main campus) is a dual carriageway away from the city and pretty much surrounded by fields
Sion Hill (art and design) is in the city
Original post by tomstro
Newton Park (main campus) is a dual carriageway away from the city and pretty much surrounded by fields
Sion Hill (art and design) is in the city

thanks for the info!
haha I will never know...

oh my days, uni of Bath? Wow thats awesome! Are you enjoying life in Bath? :h:

Yes, the uni is great and the city is a nice place to live in.
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, the uni is great and the city is a nice place to live in.

good to hear :smile:
hey, im a first year CMP student, it is about a 20 min bus ride into town from campus depending what time you are going. it feels like it is in the middle of nowhere because its sorrounded by fields and looks stunning. if you have any questions feel free to message me, i am a student ambassador so you will likely see me on open days and other uni events.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending