The Student Room Group

How can I catch up on GCSE core and additional science and revise effectively for it?

In Year 9 and 10 I did not learn anything at all in my Core Physics and Chemistry lessons. All my teachers were terrible and I just used to sit at the back of the classroom and chat with my friends (now I know how stupid I was being) .Now I am in year 11 and i don't know any core or additional science - my mocks are in November! How can i revise effectively to catch up with everything I need to know to get at least a B in my mocks?

I am so scared about my science GCSE grades and I can't risk getting put for the foundation tier instead of higher!

Thank youuu!!
Original post by jstylesxx
In Year 9 and 10 I did not learn anything at all in my Core Physics and Chemistry lessons. All my teachers were terrible and I just used to sit at the back of the classroom and chat with my friends (now I know how stupid I was being) .Now I am in year 11 and i don't know any core or additional science - my mocks are in November! How can i revise effectively to catch up with everything I need to know to get at least a B in my mocks?

I am so scared about my science GCSE grades and I can't risk getting put for the foundation tier instead of higher!

Thank youuu!!

Hi, I think what you should do is use websites like BBC Bitesize to go through each topic and take the test bites to test your understanding. My school sells Lonsdale books for Biology, Chemistry and Physics. If you wanted to, it would be worth buying those as they clearly go through each aspect of the topics up to triple science, and have practice questions with answers at the back. By the way, my school does OCR 21st century. I think it would be helpful to print out past papers and have a go at these too. You can use the mark schemes from online to see how you do, and with more practise, you should be able to watch your grade rise steadily. I also like doing a mind map at the end of each topic so when it comes to revising, I have something simple to look at, instead of pages of information.
I hope that helps. :smile:

Thank youuu!!

Hi I'm actually in Year 10 but I feel like I can really help you. I haven't really started additional but for core there is a youtube channel called MyGCSEScience and it's the best thing ever. For each science, the core videos are free and they are outstanding they are better explained than any class teacher ever can and when you actually understand you will start making sense of all the topics. As you're watching the video make notes along they way it's seriously outstanding. Unfortunately the additional and triple videos cost extra money and if you want to purchase that go to the MyGCSEScience website. Also, practise many many past papers it's seriously so helpful. Good Luck for your GCSE's and remember it's not the end of the world you still have time :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Matrix123
Hi, I think what you should do is use websites like BBC Bitesize to go through each topic and take the test bites to test your understanding. My school sells Lonsdale books for Biology, Chemistry and Physics. If you wanted to, it would be worth buying those as they clearly go through each aspect of the topics up to triple science, and have practice questions with answers at the back. By the way, my school does OCR 21st century. I think it would be helpful to print out past papers and have a go at these too. You can use the mark schemes from online to see how you do, and with more practise, you should be able to watch your grade rise steadily. I also like doing a mind map at the end of each topic so when it comes to revising, I have something simple to look at, instead of pages of information.
I hope that helps. :smile:

thank you so much!
Reply 4
Original post by Sneedshelp
Hi I'm actually in Year 10 but I feel like I can really help you. I haven't really started additional but for core there is a youtube channel called MyGCSEScience and it's the best thing ever. For each science, the core videos are free and they are outstanding they are better explained than any class teacher ever can and when you actually understand you will start making sense of all the topics. As you're watching the video make notes along they way it's seriously outstanding. Unfortunately the additional and triple videos cost extra money and if you want to purchase that go to the MyGCSEScience website. Also, practise many many past papers it's seriously so helpful. Good Luck for your GCSE's and remember it's not the end of the world you still have time :smile:

I am so grateful for these videos! Thank you so much!
thank you so much!

You're welcome. Good luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending