The Student Room Group

too late to quit uni?

hi,

Ive started the at the uni of Birmingham doing llb law, they requirements were the same as all the other unis, i wanted to go bham coz i didnt wanna go anywhere in London or Scotland for law, the only options i had were notts or bham.

Even though notts was way better for my course i figured i would go to bham coz it was slightly better in overall rankings and its known better worldwide.. im starting to regret that decision. everyone im living with in halls literally only came bham coz it was like the best for the course, i got better than expected in my A levels (A*AA) and all the people ive met on my course that have moved out have done worse than me and less then the requirements (eg. ABB) the people that met the requirements are from Birmingham and basically just stayed coz it was convenient.

Not to mention there is 400+ people on my course where as other unis have like 200. So i cant imagine the tutor and student relations to be as good as i would want them to be.

I feel like ive made a big mistake coming to bham the 24th ranked law school in the uk when i probably could have got into like lse which is 3rd ranked and most definitely Nottingham at 7th ranked..

any advice on what i should do im all ears
Those are excellent grades and it see where you are coming from wanting to change. I'm sure birminghams course is a good course but I can understand that you might want to upgrade. It's a shame you didn't try adjustment.
You won't be the first student who has had regrets about their choice of course and I'm sure the university will have dealt with this situation many times.

I don't know what is the proper thing to do is but I'd write down all your reasons then approach someone at the university and see what they say. I can't see what harm it would do. Would you take a gap year?
Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by janeyjaney
Those are excellent grades and it see where you are coming from wanting to change. I'm sure birminghams course is a good course but I can understand that you might want to upgrade. It's a shame you didn't try adjustment.
You won't be the first student who has had regrets about their choice of course and I'm sure the university will have dealt with this situation many times.

I don't know what is the proper thing to do is but I'd write down all your reasons then approach someone at the university and see what they say. I can't see what harm it would do. Would you take a gap year?
Good luck.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending