The Student Room Group

EE and Written Task 2

Wondering if I can use part of my EE in my Written Task 2 for language and literature, would I get in trouble? Who would notice?
Technically you're not supposed to because that would be classified as "double dipping" aka plagiarism. The IB take stuff like this really seriously so I strongly advise against it...since you send all your internal assessments and EE to the IB I guess the IB would know and turnitin would also make it very apparent that such a paper has been submitted before.
Don't risk your diploma for something like using part of your EE for a written task. I'm pretty sure that there are many potential ideas that are just as good, waiting to be discovered!
Given they run these things through TurnitIn, one or the other would be an exact match for yourself and... yeah. It's also very lazy and slightly worrying that you think you can use the same essay twice! Unless both have the same title (??!) then it seems highly unlikely that one would be a good match for the other.
Reply 3
Original post by AmberSmith
Wondering if I can use part of my EE in my Written Task 2 for language and literature, would I get in trouble? Who would notice?

you first need to inform your english teacher youre doing it, then inform your DP supervisor that youre doing it and send an email about it - this email gets redirected to the IB and they are aware of the similarity of content.
So speak to your teachers! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending