The Student Room Group

Time between final DSA report and approval letter?

Hi All

Mid August I had a notification that my final DSA report had gone to student finance, however I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it took for Student Finance to approve or not the recommendations? :smile: thanks again!
**** the dsa **** student finanace **** all of them.

I have been waiting longer than you too.

****ing joke, how long does it take for these incompetent ****ers to do the only thing they are supposed to do which is their ****ing job.
Reply 2
It's beyond a joke... hope we both get somewhere soon!
which funding body is it? Supposedly its not supposed to be more than a month and mine from nhs and sfw were under 3 weeks but I believe SFE could be slower that that.
Reply 4
I think that it's Student finance england, my course is an Early Years course :smile:
Original post by Samwin
I think that it's Student finance england, my course is an Early Years course :smile:

If it hits a 4th week I would give them a call and insist on an update
Go to your disability services, my report was completed over a month ago and still hasn't been approved but I went to my services, told them I was worried about my lectures starting next week and my support not being in place (Mainly the note taker) and she was able to phone up, contact the person dealing my case and ask if they could speed it along. That was on Thursday so I'll probably see on Monday if it has helped at all but it's worth a try
Reply 7
That's a great idea :biggrin: thanks so much!
Original post by student2312
Go to your disability services, my report was completed over a month ago and still hasn't been approved but I went to my services, told them I was worried about my lectures starting next week and my support not being in place (Mainly the note taker) and she was able to phone up, contact the person dealing my case and ask if they could speed it along. That was on Thursday so I'll probably see on Monday if it has helped at all but it's worth a try
When my DSA report got sent off, it took them one week to choose what supplier to fund, then I had to call the supplier and retrieve the equipment at SFE expense. It was all straightforward for me as I chased it up with SFE via email where they just attach the letter they 'sent' (I never used to get their letters until one month later). Furthermore, if you want to chase it up or if you're expecting something through the post, your best bet is to email them (quoting your SFE reference number, name and DOB for security). It can take them up to five days to reply so do it ASAP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Update, the assessment center and student finance got back nearly a month after I originally chased them, they're still trying to decide on my transport... most of what they asked for for me isn't gonna be approved sadly. oh well

Quick Reply

Latest