The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU Students in North West England

Hello,

I thought I would post to see if there were any open uni students from the north west of England. I thought I would be more proactive when it comes to the social side (or lack thereof) of the OU.

I'm Amber and I'm nearly 20 (I say that because my birthday is in two weeks) and I'm studying AA100 on my way to a degree in English Lit with Creative Writing. So hit me up if you need someone to talk to.

:h:
Have you tried searching for North West OU groups on Facebook? The OU based FB generally seem to be good.
I've found the North one invaluable for me (North covers NE & Cumbria) as it's good for a social aspect to the OU so I imagine the North West one(s) might be a good resource too. I know they exist as I shared the link to someone on there the other day. :smile:
Also as a side note the ones for individual modules have proven good too in my experience.
(edited 8 years ago)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Hey, thanks for the reply. To answer your question, yes I have just discovered them! I've already joined so hopefully I'll find some friends! :smile:
Original post by RedAmberGreen20
Hey, thanks for the reply. To answer your question, yes I have just discovered them! I've already joined so hopefully I'll find some friends! :smile:

Cool beans! Just there is usually a much much faster response on there than there is on here!! :smile:
Hello,

I thought I would post to see if there were any open uni students from the north west of England. I thought I would be more proactive when it comes to the social side (or lack thereof) of the OU.

I'm Amber and I'm nearly 20 (I say that because my birthday is in two weeks) and I'm studying AA100 on my way to a degree in English Lit with Creative Writing. So hit me up if you need someone to talk to.

Hi Amber,
I'm Natalie, I'll be 20 in March and have just finished AA100, now I'm starting A105, but I can help you out with AA100 if you ever need it :smile: Studying for a Humanities degree, but will mainly focus on English and History :smile:
Original post by natalieduran58
Hi Amber,
I'm Natalie, I'll be 20 in March and have just finished AA100, now I'm starting A105, but I can help you out with AA100 if you ever need it :smile: Studying for a Humanities degree, but will mainly focus on English and History :smile:

Hey Natalie! Thanks for the reply. I'm kinda flying through AA100, although I'm not quite sure if that is the right way. But I have just finished my A levels, so maybe that can be my excuse! I'm starting A105 in Feb, alongside AA100 so I'll have my work cut out! Thanks for the help, and I'll contact you if I need it!
Reply 6
Hello,

Hi :smile: I'm not from the north-west, south-west actually, but also studying AA100 which I started in October.
How are you finding it?
Original post by phall94
Hi :smile: I'm not from the north-west, south-west actually, but also studying AA100 which I started in October.
How are you finding it?

Hey

Well, to answer your question, it's definitely interesting. I'm liking the range of topics so far. I think I'll have a bit of a head start on Stalin (History A Level) and Doctor Faustus (English Literature A Level). But I'm looking forward to diving into the essays and assignments, cause I'm a weirdo who likes things like that! I'm not finding it challenging as of yet, but who knows. Hopefully it'll be more involved as it goes on.

How about you? ☺️
Reply 8
Hey

Well, to answer your question, it's definitely interesting. I'm liking the range of topics so far. I think I'll have a bit of a head start on Stalin (History A Level) and Doctor Faustus (English Literature A Level). But I'm looking forward to diving into the essays and assignments, cause I'm a weirdo who likes things like that! I'm not finding it challenging as of yet, but who knows. Hopefully it'll be more involved as it goes on.

How about you? ☺️

That's lucky you did that for A Level! I'm finding it good thanks, how many hours do you study a week? I'm not sure if I'm doing too little but I've finished my first essay on Cleopatra and Cezanne. What are you planning on doing after completing the course?
Original post by phall94
That's lucky you did that for A Level! I'm finding it good thanks, how many hours do you study a week? I'm not sure if I'm doing too little but I've finished my first essay on Cleopatra and Cezanne. What are you planning on doing after completing the course?

Yeah, pretty lucky! I haven't started the first essay yet, but thinking of starting it soon. As far as hours per week, I flew through Cleopatra and Faustus, doing it in about four-six hours. Cezanne took me a bit longer, at about seven hours. But that was really because I needed to go over the terminology a bit more (I'd never studied art before). So I'm doing a lot less hours than they recommend but I really think it's your own ability, time and preference so I shouldn't worry about it too much! As for what I want to do after I'm finished the three years of my degree (honours in Eng Lit and Creative Writing) I was thinking of doing my post grad as a teacher or librarian. Not sure yet! 🤓🙂
Reply 10
Okay, might sound dumb but what part is Faustus in? My first essay is Cleopatra as part one and Cezanne as part two? :K:
If you've got Cleopatra and Cezanne you don't include Faustus in any of it. I had Cleopatra and Faustus when did it but wish I'd had Cezanne :frown:
Original post by phall94
Okay, might sound dumb but what part is Faustus in? My first essay is Cleopatra as part one and Cezanne as part two? :K:

There is no essay on Faustus. I was just talking about working through the chapters 🙂. My first assignment is Cleo and Cezanne too, so don't worry! 😊.
Original post by natalieduran58
Hi Amber,

Hey there can I ask how did you find doing the AA100? I just got all my book for October and there seems a lot of reading to do. is it better to concentrate on the area to what the question on the test is asking or do I need to ready everything.

Any help would be grateful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending