The Student Room Group

Germany warn Cameron they won't agreeany EU reform if we don't take more immigrants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates
Better than the population here. Nothing but welfare dependency and teenage pregnancies. Hardly make it to degree level even. We have to bring overseas students to fill those spaces.

Feckless LOL

Barely any will speak good English, so please tell me how can they work here?

I do not know anyone like that...
Original post by judogainz
Barely any will speak good English, so please tell me how can they work here?

I do not know anyone like that...

You need to get out more. Most can easily be taught english in no time. Just need work ethic and drive.

But the UK brits have let themselves down, no one else to blame. It's only a matter of time before we decline further.
You need to get out more. Most can easily be taught english in no time. Just need work ethic and drive.

But the UK brits have let themselves down, no one else to blame. It's only a matter of time before we decline further.

You can get that from within.

Ho
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
So what you are saying is that because they are no longer refugees according to the "official definition" we can't refer to them as refugees anymore? I find it's much better to still call them refugees because "immigrant" has become a dirty word in this country and implies these people are looking for "benefits" and an easy deal.The majority of these people are coming from war torn countries like syria and risked their lives by floating to france on a raft because they are so desperate.

Are you suggesting that we should follow the standard "rules" of refugees and that they should all stay in the country they arrived in then? Sorry, but this isn't a normal case and I think everyone in Europe should take their fair share of these people.

Even though a significant proportion of them are from places like Kosovo etc and have nothing to do with Syria?
You can get that from within.

Ho

No chance has not worked for YEARS. And you wonder why companies outsourced so much? We only have ourselves to blame for lack of work ethic.

We need more migrants to pick up this depressed economy otherwise will end up like Japan real soon or worse Greece.
No chance has not worked for YEARS. And you wonder why companies outsourced so much? We only have ourselves to blame for lack of work ethic.

We need more migrants to pick up this depressed economy otherwise will end up like Japan real soon or worse Greece.

Many people put society before economy after a certain point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slipandsquirm
Many people put society before economy after a certain point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Economy always comes first regardless. If society wants to put itself first won't be long before they're moving somewhere else. It's happening now. Number 1 place Londoners are leaving for is Singapore. Lots of Brits moving to Canada, Australia. Many more migrants at these countries.
You just sound like a complete right-wing nutter. Maybe you should educate yourself, read a few articles that aren't from the right-wing tabloid press while i am busy being a "grown up" and realising these people are actually human beings.

How pathetic. You just don't get it. All and I say All the countries in the EU are safe, yet all these people want to go to Germany or the UK. Did you ever take a step outside your throne to think that maybe I don't know "they want to live under the welfare states?", that automatically makes them economic migrants and not refugees. If they are such human beings why don't they comply with our laws and our system? We asked them to go to camps and instead they attack our police. These are not civilised people. The real refugees are in the camps around the Syrian border.
NO THANK YOU

Economic migrants do not have good work ethics

Then we don't need to worry about them taking jobs away from native workers, as native workers will always be given preference due to their better work ethics.
So what you are saying is that because they are no longer refugees according to the "official definition" we can't refer to them as refugees anymore? I find it's much better to still call them refugees because "immigrant" has become a dirty word in this country and implies these people are looking for "benefits" and an easy deal.The majority of these people are coming from war torn countries like syria and risked their lives by floating to france on a raft because they are so desperate.

So change established definitions to suit your political agenda? Sounds very Orwellian 'doublespeak' to me.

They did not 'float to France on a raft'. They probably floated to Turkey, then Greece, then travelled through Hungary, Austria, etc. to attempt to get into Britain. A desperate refugee fleeing immediate persecution travels to the first safe country; picking and choosing where to live based on economic prospects does not a refugee make.

Are you suggesting that we should follow the standard "rules" of refugees and that they should all stay in the country they arrived in then? Sorry, but this isn't a normal case and I think everyone in Europe should take their fair share of these people.

Those who arrive in Europe should be processed to establish the validity of their claims. The ones illegally pursuing Britain should be refused until they follow the legal process. We should also take those directly from the camps to deter the dangerous journey, people traffickers, etc.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Blackmail is still better than the Daily Mail hehe

People should stop spitting out their tea and choking on their tea cakes and blaming innocent families for fleeing to rich and stable countries in Western Europe when all they want is a better life away from cramped and desperate refugee camps and their wartorn nation - UK should welcome more refugees :yy:

So when you are waiting weeks for a GP appointment and your children are in classes of 50, because we allowed in all those with the motivation of 'fleeing to rich and stable countries', will you be saying the same thing?
Original post by Lady Comstock
So when you are waiting weeks for a GP appointment and your children are in classes of 50, because we allowed in all those with the motivation of 'fleeing to rich and stable countries', will you be saying the same thing?

Yep - making small sacrifices for the great good :smile:

To what point? How much are you willing to sacrifice in favour of your dogma?
Economy always comes first regardless. If society wants to put itself first won't be long before they're moving somewhere else. It's happening now. Number 1 place Londoners are leaving for is Singapore. Lots of Brits moving to Canada, Australia. Many more migrants at these countries.

Hmm I think some like the Australian society as much as their economic status. Just a hunch though I can't prove that

Posted from TSR Mobile

But almost all sources are pointing to young men than families and at what point does the cost outweigh the good? Do you know how crowded out Island is?! People say just build more houses like here's enough space for the people here already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They're not "immigrants" they are refugees. There is a difference.
there is a difference but this difference doesn't exclude them from being immigrants.
Its funny, I dont remember voting for Merkel or Juncker.

VOTE OUT OF THE EU

Your a genius. Label millions of hard working educated money producing slaves (people) feckless and lazy. Want to drive them to other first world countries and replace them with third world un-educated migrants

Your so Myopic, you absolutely could have a great career in politics
Cameron already backtracked he said he wouldn't take any in at first.

We have very weak leaders in Europe.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Your a genius. Label millions of hard working educated money producing slaves (people) feckless and lazy. Want to drive them to other first world countries and replace them with third world un-educated migrants

Your so Myopic, you absolutely could have a great career in politics

You're a genius*

More migrants the better. Less of the scum please, turning this country into the third world!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending