The Student Room Group

A Level Choice for Law

I need to choose what A-Levels I am going to do in the next few months. I am wondering which A-Levels would be best for a Law course at university and at the minute, I need to choose 4 a levels from a possibility of 6-
These are-
Maths
English
French
Biology
Geography
History

I am predicted at least an A in each of these subjects at GCSE and have a good set of extra school qualifications to go alongside my application such as Prefect Team Leader and Head Girl.
I would like some help on which A-Levels to choose as i do not want to restrict my university options.
Thanks x
Reply 1
They're all at the top level facilitating wise (maths + sciences more than the arts slightly, but in this case..) so ultimately:

i) Which ones you think you'll enjoy.
ii) You will have a better chance when you get to uni with the essay based subjects - Geog, History, French & English - as they will prepare you better for writing law essays and English is 'supposed' to be wonderful for Law applicants (providing this is Literature).

Someone who actually did Law at uni might be able to advise you slightly better, but honestly they all seem like very facilitating subjects.
Reply 2
Original post by courtneycailexox
I need to choose what A-Levels I am going to do in the next few months. I am wondering which A-Levels would be best for a Law course at university and at the minute, I need to choose 4 a levels from a possibility of 6-
These are-
Maths
English
French
Biology
Geography
History

I am predicted at least an A in each of these subjects at GCSE and have a good set of extra school qualifications to go alongside my application such as Prefect Team Leader and Head Girl.
I would like some help on which A-Levels to choose as i do not want to restrict my university options.
Thanks x

They're all good subjects but I would advise taking at least one essay-based one like English or History as Law will be assessed like that as well. Beyond that it's what you think you will enjoy and do well in.

For reference I did English, Spanish and Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending