The Student Room Group

A2 English Language Coursework!!

I am completely stuck for ideas for my A2 English Language coursework and need to do something in which I enjoy so that don't get bored of looking into the topic up until Christmas!

I was thinking analysing a Disney film from years ago and looking at the Disney comparison of a modern day script but cant seem to find the right film/story.
Another hobby of mine includes the gym so was going to compare two gym articles one wrote by a male and one wrote by a female however I'm not sure this will be a success and help me achieve the high grade that I need... Anyone help me ??
Original post by Bethyboo2098
I am completely stuck for ideas for my A2 English Language coursework and need to do something in which I enjoy so that don't get bored of looking into the topic up until Christmas!

I was thinking analysing a Disney film from years ago and looking at the Disney comparison of a modern day script but cant seem to find the right film/story.
Another hobby of mine includes the gym so was going to compare two gym articles one wrote by a male and one wrote by a female however I'm not sure this will be a success and help me achieve the high grade that I need... Anyone help me ??

Your first idea sounds interesting, but the main problem for that is actually what is the linguistic purpose of that investigation?

What are you going to compare it with? It more sounds like something you'd do in Media or Film Studies.

I think the 2nd idea is the best because that would be less time consuming, compared to that of your 1st idea. You need articles that you can really analyse linguistically and then use theorists to interpret the articles. Your 2nd idea leans towards gender, which is the most common you can get.

You need a topic idea. Perhaps look at the way opposite gender writers use language to perceive the opposite gender at the gym. For example; how does the male writer use language to perceive females and vice versa. This way, you're comparing and contrasting how genders use language. You would obviously need to think up a new investigative title, but I could see how it works. It's just finding the articles you need. You don't just have to use 2 articles. I say you should use about 4 and they should be about equal length.

I got full marks on my A2 Language coursework so if you need help, I'll be more than happy to help.
Reply 2
Thankyou so much for your reply, I spoke with my teacher more and decided upon the idea of comparing young girls and boys toys in such thing as an Argos catalogue and see how the language of gender is interpreted within each one, I feel I am best discussing gender so this will help me achieve a good grade!
Thankyou for your answer, it was very helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending