The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Psychology

Hello,

I was wondering what the psychology course in Aston is like from a current student's perspective.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Bbashy
What makes it "crap"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no supported learning, the course is harder at other universities as in more in depth (I've had a friend leave aston in year one and show me what they do).
The SPSS classes are a joke there is about 50 of you in a room and the lecturer says if you have a problem ask the people sat around you....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by paul514
There is no supported learning, the course is harder at other universities as in more in depth (I've had a friend leave aston in year one and show me what they do).
The SPSS classes are a joke there is about 50 of you in a room and the lecturer says if you have a problem ask the people sat around you....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for replying. Wanted to make Aston my firm..hopefully others reply to this and share their experiences too.
Did you complete your full degree at Aston?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bbashy
Thanks for replying. Wanted to make Aston my firm..hopefully others reply to this and share their experiences too.
Did you complete your full degree at Aston?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still there, it's not a terrible uni at all but if you have an aab which is the standard grades for entry there are better options

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Still there, it's not a terrible uni at all but if you have an aab which is the standard grades for entry there are better options

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aren't you the guy who failed first year Psychology and they made you retake it?
How did you even fail first year?
Original post by Psych2GradMed
Aren't you the guy who failed first year Psychology and they made you retake it?
How did you even fail first year?

No I'm the guy who left 3 months into the first year and started the first year again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reckless_potato
Hello,

I was wondering what the psychology course in Aston is like from a current student's perspective.

Hi,
I graduated last year.
Course is okay, it depends what type of person you are - there's support available but don't expect for it to be handed to you on a plate. Knowledge isn't spoonfed but if you want to learn and show the professors that you're open to learning then you'll be fine.
In regards to Paul's SPSS point - there'd be about 60-70 people in a room, so listening to everybodies individual points is not to be expected during a one-hour workshop, however the software is quite easy to grasp, and the tutor hands out a wide variety of booklets/materials to help the struggling students - and he kept slots open within his own timetable for students to visit out of hours.

Remember, if you don't tell anybody you're struggling, how are they meant to know?
Use all the resources available to you and like me, you'll get a first-class degree :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest