The Student Room Group

Could i still get on a GCSE course or shall i do them with access course next year?

Is it possible to still get on a GCSE course this term? If not, should i just wait until next summer and do the GCSE maths and english along with the access course?

Thoughts?
Some people in my access class have started gcse science this week. Usually you will have to do some sort of diagnostic mind which could add a delay.
My GCSE English and Math courses don't start to the end of the month. The best thing to do would be to call your local collage and find out, they may still have places available.
Original post by WhiteWalker
Is it possible to still get on a GCSE course this term? If not, should i just wait until next summer and do the GCSE maths and english along with the access course?

Not sure about the first question. If it is possible, I'd advise getting your GCSE(s) out of the way this year and start Access next year with them already in the bag. You'll find Access much more manageable that way.
Why not do the distance learning or learn the materials alone and pay for the exams
Original post by iloveteddy14
Why not do the distance learning or learn the materials alone and pay for the exams

how doable is that for english with all the coursework?
Yeah it's pretty do able u have to be organised and really your day and week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by jimmy_looks_2ice
Not sure about the first question. If it is possible, I'd advise getting your GCSE(s) out of the way this year and start Access next year with them already in the bag. You'll find Access much more manageable that way.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the advice. I have checked with the local colleges and seems they're all booked up :frown:

Will the GCSE maths and english really get in the way that much while doing the access course? I know all people are different, but i'm a little worried now.

Has anyone else studied the GCSEs as well as the Access course? How did you get on?
Hi mate,

Thanks for the advice. I have checked with the local colleges and seems they're all booked up :frown:

Will the GCSE maths and english really get in the way that much while doing the access course? I know all people are different, but i'm a little worried now.

GCSEs weren't an issue for me with Access. Hopefully others who have juggled the two will comment. In the meantime...

A few people on my Access course were doing GCSE maths simultaneously. AFAIK, they managed ok, but I do recall from conversations with one woman who was doing both thinking that she organised her time far better than I did! I'm not sure if anyone on my course was doing two GCSEs, though.
Hi mate,

Has anyone else studied the GCSEs as well as the Access course? How did you get on?

Depends what your other commitments are. Kids? Work? Some people on my access are doing 30 hours a week work. I'm just doing 1 day. Good thing about access (at least for mine) there is no end of year exams so you should have plenty of time study for gcses around exam time.

Quick Reply

Latest