The Student Room Group

Not so good AS results

I got an ABBB in my AS results and I really hoped for better. I'm heart set on going to Imperial College London to do Maths and need a A*A*A. I've dropped an A level this year and I'm really focusing hard on resitting and getting those results. But on my UCAS application they're going to see those AS results, do you think will affect my changes of getting a conditional place? If so, what can I do?
Original post by ellebop
I got an ABBB in my AS results and I really hoped for better. I'm heart set on going to Imperial College London to do Maths and need a A*A*A. I've dropped an A level this year and I'm really focusing hard on resitting and getting those results. But on my UCAS application they're going to see those AS results, do you think will affect my changes of getting a conditional place? If so, what can I do?

Yes, of course it reduces the chances of you getting an offer because you are competing with applicants who have better grades. If you don't get in this year but do achieve the A*A*A you need, then take a gap year and reapply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending