The Student Room Group

Help on the ucas application and grades!!!

I'm not sure about the whole UCAS application and when we need to hand the personal statement and the uni choices. Also, do you think I will get accepted into Queen Mary UL for Geography (300 tariff points) if I get BCC/BBC with a good personal statement?
Reply 1
A couple of questions:

- Are you applying through your school?
- With regards to the QMUL question, what are their standard entry requirements? Universities do of course have the flexibility to make offers to applicants who do not meet the standard entry requirements but who can show strengths elsewhere in their application. Your personal statement is a key section that they will look at - and if it's very convincing, you may get an offer despite your grades not being the highest. Sometimes a university may also decide to invite you to an interview to find out more about you before making their decision. It really depends on 1) by how much you've missed the standard grades, 2) the university's policy 3) the Admissions Tutor for your course. It also depends on who else is applying as well - if there are more applicants that meet the minimum grades and that have excellent personal statements and references - it will be harder to secure an offer.

As for your personal statement and university choices - they are part and parcel of your UCAS application. In other words, you include them in your UCAS application before you send it off. Other than QMUL are there any other universities and courses that you want to apply to? Choose your courses first - everything else will flow from there.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending