The Student Room Group

Bocconi 2016 Applicants

Applications for Academic year 2016/2017 will open on 15 October 2015

I've seen that Bocconi is underrepresented on this forum and a lot of us had to do some google-fu to find the answers to our questions.

I've gathered the following info. It only applies to international applicants.

SAT
1. SAT needed for acceptance: >1750 (at least 600 on M and CR).
2. SAT needed for scholarship: >1900 on SAT to have a chance at the Merit Scholarship with a >1350 on Math+Critical Reading. It's highly recommended to have >=700 at Math. On a thread here on TSR I've seen 2 users with 680 Math score (with over 1300 M+CR) that have been awarded The International Award Scholarship (50% tuition reduction) while a user with 700 M was awarded the Merit Scholarship. Based on this, it's safe to say that Math is the most important subject even if they say that M and CR have the same importance.

Clarifications:
1. 3rd last and second last year of school means the 10th and 11th grade.
2. The IT certificate could be uploaded after you have been admitted
3. For Merit Scholarships you don't have to upload further documents.

Things straight from Bocconi's students mouth (grain of salt needed):
1. It's easier to get in in the Spring Session
2. It's easy to get in, hard to graduate.
3. Each International Applicant is on some kind of scholarship.
4. Bocconi is full of snobs.

In the next couple of months I have to get my Language certificate and the SAT with a 1900+ score - to have a slim chance at the Merit Scholarship.

I didn't think of continuing my studies (graduated HS in 2010) until I've found about Bocconi two weeks ago. Better late than never, I guess.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Great summary!
I just have one question about the "outstanding GPA" (http://www.unibocconi.eu/wps/wcm/connect/Bocconi/SitoPubblico_EN/Navigation+Tree/Home/Campus+and+Services/Services/Application+and+Admission/Admission+-+Bachelor+Programs/Discover+your+talent+Admission+Bachelor+Programs+a+y++2016-2017/ADMISSION+-+BACHELOR+PROGRAMS+outstanding+GPA). My average is higher than what is presented on this page, does this mean that I will get in or is it just the minimum requirement for them to even look at my application? Have you seen any info about this during your research? Also, I'm an international applicant.
Reply 2
Original post by juliaaw
Great summary!
I just have one question about the "outstanding GPA" (http://www.unibocconi.eu/wps/wcm/connect/Bocconi/SitoPubblico_EN/Navigation+Tree/Home/Campus+and+Services/Services/Application+and+Admission/Admission+-+Bachelor+Programs/Discover+your+talent+Admission+Bachelor+Programs+a+y++2016-2017/ADMISSION+-+BACHELOR+PROGRAMS+outstanding+GPA). My average is higher than what is presented on this page, does this mean that I will get in or is it just the minimum requirement for them to even look at my application? Have you seen any info about this during your research? Also, I'm an international applicant.

An outstanding GPA doesn't guarantee you anything. A great GPA (9+) with a good SAT (1900+) could get you a scholarship, I guess.

With a GPA of 8 and and SAT of 1600 I think it's safe to say that you'll be admitted, but without a scholarship.

Personally, I have a ~9 GPA and I'm aiming for a 2000+ SAT.

Let's hope for the best!
Reply 3
Original post by Mi5ayel
I've seen that Bocconi is underrepresented on this forum and a lot of us had to do some google-fu to find the answers to our questions.

I've gathered the following info. It only applies to international applicants.

SAT
1. SAT needed for acceptance: >1750 (at least 600 on M and CR).
2. SAT needed for scholarship: >1900 on SAT to have a chance at the Merit Scholarship with a >1350 on Math+Critical Reading. It's highly recommended to have >=700 at Math. On a thread here on TSR I've seen 2 users with 680 Math score (with over 1300 M+CR) that have been awarded The International Award Scholarship (50% tuition reduction) while a user with 700 M was awarded the Merit Scholarship. Based on this, it's safe to say that Math is the most important subject even if they say that M and CR have the same importance.

Clarifications:
1. 3rd last and second last year of school means the 10th and 11th grade.
2. The IT certificate could be uploaded after you have been admitted
3. For Merit Scholarships you don't have to upload further documents.

Things straight from Bocconi's students mouth (grain of salt needed):
1. It's easier to get in in the Spring Session
2. It's easy to get in, hard to graduate.
3. Each International Applicant is on some kind of scholarship.
4. Bocconi is full of snobs.

In the next couple of months I have to get my Language certificate and the SAT with a 1900+ score - to have a slim chance at the Merit Scholarship.

I didn't think of continuing my studies (graduated HS in 2010) until I've found about Bocconi two weeks ago. Better late than never, I guess.

So, are SATs still required for students taking the A levels? What are the minimum A level requirements for entry? I'm taking Maths, ICT, Business Studies.
What do you think the Bocconi admission's committee looks at the most? I'm an applicant from the United States with a pretty good SAT score 2140 (720 CR/730 M), but I'm still uncertain whether I'll get in with a scholarship. Bocconi is one of my dream schools, and I hope I get in!
Reply 5
Original post by anthonxyz
So, are SATs still required for students taking the A levels? What are the minimum A level requirements for entry? I'm taking Maths, ICT, Business Studies.

You need to take one of the following: SAT, ACT or Bocconi Test.
Reply 6
Original post by cynicalnewyorker
What do you think the Bocconi admission's committee looks at the most? I'm an applicant from the United States with a pretty good SAT score 2140 (720 CR/730 M), but I'm still uncertain whether I'll get in with a scholarship. Bocconi is one of my dream schools, and I hope I get in!

With that score I'd say that 99% you'll get a full scholarship. I'm aiming for 2100+ on my SAT so it better be good enough for a scholarship.
I'll be applying as well. Do you have any idea of how important the IT-Certificates are? As an avid programmer, I feel as if they are unnecessary.
Reply 8
Original post by vanillaboy
I'll be applying as well. Do you have any idea of how important the IT-Certificates are? As an avid programmer, I feel as if they are unnecessary.

As far as I've heard, you just need to have the IT certificate when you will start the University. Is not a requirement for scholarship or admission.

I might be wrong, though.

From their website:

Elements of evaluation
Profiles will be evaluated based on the following elements:

performance on aptitude test;

language and/or IT certificates (if available);

activities summary and personal statement.

(edited 8 years ago)
IB score of 27 and SAT of 1580 (CR+M+W) with 1130 CR+M, international applicant. Do I have a shot ?
Original post by Hollahollaballa
IB score of 27 and SAT of 1580 (CR+M+W) with 1130 CR+M, international applicant. Do I have a shot ?

No
No

What if I pull up my SAT scores ?
Guys SAT score of 1970 here. CR 590 Math 760, do I have a shot at a scholarship?
Original post by Hollahollaballa
What if I pull up my SAT scores ?

Apologies if my first answer was too blunt. I believe that with the IB score of yours is quite low, but I suppose you could compensate with good SAT scores. Did you study for the SAT when you scored 1580?

Original post by mussu-100
Guys SAT score of 1970 here. CR 590 Math 760, do I have a shot at a scholarship?

Wow, your maths score is great! I think you have a good shot at getting a scholarship.

Then again, I am applying this year as well and I haven't gotten in yet. So take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Wow, your maths score is great! I think you have a good shot at getting a scholarship.

Then again, I am applying this year as well and I haven't gotten in yet. So take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Okay fantastic! Good luck to you! Hope we both get in and get scholarships.
Okay fantastic! Good luck to you! Hope we both get in and get scholarships.

Good luck to you too! Where are you from by the way? Are you applying to any other schools like IE, ESADE, etc.?
Good luck to you too! Where are you from by the way? Are you applying to any other schools like IE, ESADE, etc.?

I'm Italian from my mother's side and Pakistani from my father's side. Bocconi is actually the only school I'm applying to in Europe barring the UK. Makes sense considering I have family in Italy. Other than Bocconi and some places in the UK, I'm also applying to the US and to Canada. Wbu?
I'm Italian from my mother's side and Pakistani from my father's side. Bocconi is actually the only school I'm applying to in Europe barring the UK. Makes sense considering I have family in Italy. Other than Bocconi and some places in the UK, I'm also applying to the US and to Canada. Wbu?

I see. I'm applying to a few unis in the UK as well, but if I don't receive an offer that I'm satisfied with this year I'll probably take a gap year and apply to unis in the US. Canada's Ivey Business School is pretty good I think.
Hi guys !
I got a 1880 on the SAT ( 740M 40CR ) , do I have a shot for the scholarship ?
Does Bocconi allows SAT superscore ?
Thanks in advance guys !
(edited 8 years ago)
You have a good maths score, which I guess they will like.
And no, they don't allow superscore sadly. I expected them to, so I wrote the test twice and ignored studying to the parts which I had already scored well on. Bummer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending