The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Don't forget 'Kenan and Kel'

Keenan! KEEENAN!! Aww, here it goes!!!

those football shaped icecream's with the huge bubblegum shaped football on the top

OMG! i totally forgot those. Use to get them when i went to crystal palace park. I only got them cos i wasnt allowed chewing gum (parents didnt know the football was gum) and chewing gum was cool at school.
Reply 61
Anyone mentioned Push-pops yet? - how cool were they:biggrin:
Reply 62
kenan and kel: "I. PUT THE SCREW. IN THE TUNA." it annoyed me soo much but i still watched :p:

People have mentioned round the twist and the raccoons, both classics.

and re: shag bands, did anyone else's school have the tradition that if you broke a black one you had to 'shag' the owner? which was, of course, ludicrous.
"I. PUT THE SCREW. IN THE TUNA."

A true classic... still makes me chuckle...
Reply 64
and ofcourse the good old keenen and kel episode inwhich keenen had to say a sentence inwhich he used the word "afficiate" and he came up with "a man got sick coz of a fish he ate".

and to the other point my school also had that tradition that we had to shag the owner of the band . . . which ofcourse never happend
Reply 65
The shag bands - I never knew they were called shag bands, that craze never really hut my area till I was in Secondary school and it wasn't till like after they were saturated in the market that I found out about them bein called that. Here it didn't matter what colour they were haha but no-one ever did it - to my knowledge anyways . . .

Haha push pops they were reeally tasty! Then big baby pops came out "Lick the pop, dip it, shake it then suck it!" How effing wrong was that advert :| Not that we would have thought that at the time because we were young, carefree and innocent of any sexual inuendos! I actually miss the days of being able to say anything you like without caring how bad/wrong it sounded!
Someone mentioned leggins - I had flowery ones too and I loved them! :biggrin:
Reply 66
Push pops were ace, but you had to have them in one go or else when you went back to them they were covered in this icky layer of syrupy stuff.

This thread is brilliant man :biggrin:
BN BN dah-du-du-du-dah!

Can you even get BN biscuits in England anymore? I had some in france last year but they seemed more sickly than I remember...:frown:
I think this will bring back some memories for you lot!
Reply 69
push pops were lush :p: but they got banned in my school :mad: what about panda pops i no they have them now but they are not the same like the ice cream and rasberry flavour! and tip tops were the best in the summer and the big ones were 5p! i didnt like kenan and kel but i loved sister sister - nickelodeon?? was so good if you were lucky to have cable the channels you only watched were nickelodeon, trouble and The Box! :rolleyes:
Reply 70
Bubblebee
I think this will bring back some memories for you lot!

Thanks so much for posting that... the three pigs are awesome

This thread is really making me feel my age... all this stuff seems so long ago - I wanna be a kid again:P
Johnny C.
Thanks so much for posting that... the three pigs are awesome

This thread is really making me feel my age... all this stuff seems so long ago

I know, I'd almost forgotten that program, I knew there was a reason I'd named my dog Ralph!
Ooo....Married with Children!
Reply 73
Bubblebee
BN BN dah-du-du-du-dah!

Can you even get BN biscuits in England anymore? I had some in france last year but they seemed more sickly than I remember...:frown:

BN BN do doo do do do, BN BN do do do do.
You've got it stuck in my head, that tune annnoyed me so much.

Remeber when your push pop's lid came off in your pocket and it would get covered in fluff, so you had to pick it all off so you could keep eating it?
Kids nowadays would ust get a new one.
And remember dippers? I loved double dippers and the liquerice sherbet ones.

I still only have a few channels, used to have 4 and a half but around Christmas we lost reception and now it's only 3 and a half. Now DVD player either but here I am sitting with a laptop on my lap.

Shag bands? Not heard of them.
Those giant elastic bands which two people put over their ankles and then you jumped in and out. We used to have arguements as to whether the rhyme was:
England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales
Inside, outside, inside, tails
or
Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales
Inside, outside, inside, tails.

When the Zoombinis where the height of computer game technology.
Reply 74
Hehe thanks for the Racoons link!!! Soo going to watch it :biggrin: I hope we can still get BN's because they were actually pretty awesome biscuits. The chocolate ones were just the best :biggrin: mmm
Reply 75
I had a cool ghost buster toy, the one where you catch ghosts in it. You trod on a button and it would open. I wanted the gun, but my 'rents wouldn't get it lol. I also had my collection of superman or batman toys. Yay. I was a classic boy.
Reply 76
Who ya gonna call?
Reply 77
wky_jmu
I had a cool ghost buster toy, the one where you catch ghosts in it. You trod on a button and it would open. I wanted the gun, but my 'rents wouldn't get it lol. I also had my collection of superman or batman toys. Yay. I was a classic boy.

I had exactly the same ghostbuster thing and like you I didn't have the gun:biggrin: Big fun!!!!

Talking about it reminds me of supersoakers, you could get some massive supersoakers... oh and when it was summer, did anyone have those long water mat things? - you rolled it out in your garden and linked it up to the tap and then you just ran and dived on it and you'd go sliding for like 30 metres:biggrin:
Reply 78
Johnny C.
I had exactly the same ghostbuster thing and like you I didn't have the gun:biggrin: Big fun!!!!

Talking about it reminds me of supersoakers, you could get some massive supersoakers... oh and when it was summer, did anyone have those long water mat things? - you rolled it out in your garden and linked it up to the tap and then you just ran and dived on it and you'd go sliding for like 30 metres:biggrin:

Haha no I never but I think my neighbour had one and it looked so good - but I never got one :frown:
Love this thread!

Pogz, saved by the bell, bubble bags! Omg.... it's all coming back to me!

Latest

Trending

Trending