The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Med, Dent and VetMed apply at the end of October(?) same time as Oxbridge.
Oxbridge, med, dent and vet applicants have to have their UCAS forms in by October 14/15th. I think the OP was referring to the fact that these all are high demand courses and thus that people applying for them have to work hard for interviews, on the application and for the grades compared to other subjects. Bit controversial that view.
Reply 22
Thanks Revd. Mike - same to you :biggrin: going to need every bit of it.
Reply 23
I know how you feel. Some of my friends are moaning that they haven't heard back from university yet, all I think of saying to them is - TRY WAITING HALF A YEAR AND STILL NOT HAVE REPLIES!

I got really stressed out aswell because teachers etc don't really care about you that much - then when it comes to January they are all for helping the rest of the year group out with their personal statements which tbh is kinda pointless because for most courses(I say most not all) all the unis look at are your grades.

The OP wasn't belittling other people - he/she(can't remeber what sign was under their name) was just stressed - aren't we all allowed to blow off some steam sometimes?
I know what you mean. Having to listen to others complain about "interviews" that basically consists of having a free lunch, a tour, and a breif chat. Having to watch people that are worse than you get a string of offers for easy courses.

I swear that everytime the word "interview" or "offer" was mentioned, my heart skipped a beat.
Reply 25
i think it's the competitiveness you're referring to cowsgomoo? or not? because when your friends got their 5/6 offers months ago and you still say 'no, not yet' when asked if you've heard anything, it does make you feel slightly inferior but ahhh. whatever. you know it's because med is so competitive and not because you're not good enough, etc, despite what your friends are thinking.

spazzing about how i'm going to get AAB though. anybody willing to sit my exams for me? ...no? you sure?

:frown:
Reply 26
^ try being predicted 4As - its gonna be a real let down at this rate :frown:
Reply 27
Wangers
^ try being predicted 4As - its gonna be a real let down at this rate :frown:

Same here! I'm sitting on about maybe an A and 3 B's right now(I'm not saying those are bad or anything - but when predicted for 4 A's well . . . y'know). I just can concentrate this year!

Latest

Trending

Trending