The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Maths MSc at Imperial / Oxford

Do admissions for MFoCS ( Mathematics and Foundations of CS ) / MSc in Pure Maths at Imperial look for people with really high grades like 80+ despite asking for just 2.1 as a minimum ? Will I have chances with moderate grades?? I did get first in my second year and I think I may get something between 67-77 as my final mark (Doing MORSE at Warwick and will do all core that straight maths would have done + extras of course.)

Also how do people find doing Masters at different university? Really worried that I may not have enough background somehow...
Original post by hassassin04
Do admissions for MFoCS ( Mathematics and Foundations of CS ) / MSc in Pure Maths at Imperial look for people with really high grades like 80+ despite asking for just 2.1 as a minimum ? Will I have chances with moderate grades?? I did get first in my second year and I think I may get something between 67-77 as my final mark (Doing MORSE at Warwick and will do all core that straight maths would have done + extras of course.)

Also how do people find doing Masters at different university? Really worried that I may not have enough background somehow...

I got in with an average in the 70s from Brunel, so if you went to a uni that's actually decent (Brunel definitely wasn't) you'll have a good chance
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest