The Student Room Group

UKCAT Help?!

So, I've been practicing for UKCAT for nearly three weeks now and I have it in 5 days but I just don't seem to be getting better at all, and the practices on the pearsons site are too hard for me, and I ALWAYS run out of time on the QR section.

I'm also severely ill at the moment, like I'm literally coughing so hard and feeling really shaky which isn't helping with revision :frown: So i feel like failing is inevitable for me right now..

I've used how to master the UKCAT and isq 600 questions book as well as medify.
Any tips of how to get at least 700? Right now, I feel as though I'll be able to only get 500 :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by AqsaMx
So, I've been practicing for UKCAT for nearly three weeks now and I have it in 5 days but I just don't seem to be getting better at all, and the practices on the pearsons site are too hard for me, and I ALWAYS run out of time on the QR section.

I'm also severely ill at the moment, like I'm literally coughing so hard and feeling really shaky which isn't helping with revision :frown: So i feel like failing is inevitable for me right now..

I've used how to master the UKCAT and isq 600 questions book as well as medify.
Any tips of how to get at least 700? Right now, I feel as though I'll be able to only get 500 :frown:

Those practice tests on the Pearson website are quite bull****. I expected you to run out on QR. In the real exam, as long as a) You're bloody flawless with a keypad/Your mental maths is top notch b) You're comfortable with working out on paper c) You found GCSE maths alright, QR should be nice for you.

VR: Eh, not much advice. Most people struggle on this, and damn right because it's too demanding.
QR: Just keep practising, try find other resources, your 600Q book is good. Medify was quite unnecessary but use what you've got.
AR: Subjective as hell, it's slightly more obvious in the exam so any resources and mock tests you do pretty much simulate the real UKCAT. My advice would be, as soon as you spot a pattern, just go for it. I mean, if you see a black circle in each corner, don't even question possible other patterns, stick with that because after VR, time is cruel in this section.
DA: Many people find this the easiest section. Practise again. The more you do, the more you get the idea of it. You will have plenty of time. Remember a) It shouldn't introduce new words, it should use as many, if not all, of the words in the code (vice versa), it should really make sense. If you think like this, rejecting answers can be very easy
SJT: Eh, again subjective. Tbh, it also depends whether the Unis you apply to give a damn about this. Practise a ****load of questions if you want Band 1.

Quick Reply

Latest