The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
kildare
Well it is irrational. I’m not going to deprive you of your right to be irrational though. Furthermore, your statement “Westminster is not a good university” is an incredibly absolutist statement. It might not fulfill the Huntroyde “good university criteria”, but to say that it has no worth is at best misguided, at worst, downright condescending.

Why is everybody picking on him, I didn't realise we lived in a society where we cannot voice our opinions.
Reply 41
Bhaal85
Why is everybody picking on him, I didn't realise we lived in a society where we cannot voice our opinions.

Of course he has the right to voice his opinions, I likewise have the right to voice my objections to them. And for God's sake Bhaal, he's an intelligent person, he's perfectly capable of dealing with people "picking on him".
Reply 42
kildare
Well it is irrational. I’m not going to deprive you of your right to be irrational though. Furthermore, your statement “Westminster is not a good university” is an incredibly absolutist statement. It might not fulfill the Huntroyde “good university criteria”, but to say that it has no worth is at best misguided, at worst, downright condescending.

I like being irrational. It's so much more fun.
Reply 43
Lord Huntroyde
I like being irrational. It's so much more fun.

The fact you see irrationality as fun is an indication of inanity!
Reply 44
Unregistered
The fact you see irrationality as fun is an indication of inanity!

Hardly, I would suggest it is usually the other way round. Surely those who are always rational are inane?
Reply 45
Hmm, one of the problems with this site is that there's a lot of elitist posters. Luckily, not so much the registered ones.

Can I just ask that people aren't so prejudiced as if you sit and think for a moment, most of us here are in education and striving to make something of our lives. Wherever we end up going to University, whatever we end up studying, and whatever grades we get simply doesn't matter as it's an achievement.

Hell, I'm not applying to Oxbridge and am I bitter? No, basically because I take comfort in the fact that I will get a degree and do everything in my power to become successful.
Reply 46
Petrozzi
Hmm, one of the problems with this site is that there's a lot of elitist posters. Luckily, not so much the registered ones.

Can I just ask that people aren't so prejudiced as if you sit and think for a moment, most of us here are in education and striving to make something of our lives. Wherever we end up going to University, whatever we end up studying, and whatever grades we get simply doesn't matter as it's an achievement.

Hell, I'm not applying to Oxbridge and am I bitter? No, basically because I take comfort in the fact that I will get a degree and do everything in my power to become successful.

Do you think you need a degree to be successful?
Reply 47
Lord Huntroyde
Do you think you need a degree to be successful?

Nope, it's simply the route I'm choosing to take. The reason I don't 'absolutely' explain things on this board Huntroyde, is because I don't need to. The majority should/will realise where I'm going with what I say.
Reply 48
Petrozzi

Amen, bigup Petrozzi!!!
My mate says he will resit a year if he fails to get the grades to get into Cambridge. He really is stuck-up. For one he disregards the importance of a good interview with that statement. For another, he sees failure to enter Cambridge as the end of the world (not such a big exaggeration in this case). And he looks down on all 'mickey mouse' subjects at any level, on all universities that aren't on his UCAS form, and on the rest of the Cambridge applicants in our school (me included) who understand that there is life after rejection by Cambridge. He is a bit of a judgemental prat. Still, he got BBCC at AS Level, so maybe he will get what he deserves for his snobbiness (i.e. rejection. Turf!). And if I get rejected, their loss not mine, I'm off to Manchester or Queen Mary! Manchester would be great and there is a great financial incentive for Maths applicants, while me and my other Asian mates are agreed on the great reason for going to Queen Mary. The women are fit!!!
There's my piece, I don't like stuck-up prats that go on like they're right and make a big fuss when they're not. It's better to be wrong since after that you can be right when it matters. You learn more if you don't believe you know more.

Latest

Trending

Trending