The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 1 (IAL): Physics on the Go, WPH01 (11th January 2016)

This is the thread for January 2016 Edexcel exams IAL, Unit 1 Physics.

Hope, everyones preparation is going well.

Post your doubts here!

---

Unit 2 Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3615139

Unit 3 Thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3615147
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump! 90 days left for January Exams!

Anyone giving the exam?
can anyone help me with AS physics?😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Got 120/120 in May 2015, good luck, fellow international candidates! Will help where and when I can.
I find hard to answer past paper questions? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Got 120/120 in May 2015, good luck, fellow international candidates! Will help where and when I can.

Amazing man, hopefully I can get the same too, working really hard.

What's your secret? ::tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by swwet aish
I find hard to answer past paper questions? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can ask, your problems for unit 1 over here. :smile:
Idk why i find difficult to answer when i know the theory

Posted from TSR Mobile
Idk why i find difficult to answer when i know the theory

Posted from TSR Mobile

What topic is that?
As in past papers! Idk i find hard to apply the theory :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SaadKaleem
Amazing man, hopefully I can get the same too, working really hard.

What's your secret? ::tongue:

I think the secret this summer was having a stupidly low 120 UMS grade boundary. 56/80 is a joke lol
As in past papers! Idk i find hard to apply the theory :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure there is more to the theory than you have understood. That's why I wanted to ask you a question on the theory to know if you have genuinely understood it.
Na as in like there is indirect questions in it so i find them hard to understand :smile: is it that i need to understand the theory more or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Na as in like there is indirect questions in it so i find them hard to understand :smile: is it that i need to understand the theory more or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I think so. But try to practice more
anyone has flashcards for unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Student403
I think the secret this summer was having a stupidly low 120 UMS grade boundary. 56/80 is a joke lol

The IAL paper was quite easy in my opinion, and GB was 50/80 for A lol.. so probably like 64-65 for 120 UMS

I honestly hope it will be low too in January 2016 session, I would love a calculation-based paper.
The IAL paper was quite easy in my opinion, and GB was 50/80 for A lol.. so probably like 64-65 for 120 UMS

I honestly hope it will be low too in January 2016 session, I would love a calculation-based paper.

Yeah it was I couldn't believe Unit 2 was higher @ 63/80. Anyway I doubt it'll be <=56 for full for a long time. Maybe 60-65 like you said this year
Reply 17
True, 120 was at 56 last year but I didn't do too poorly in other units. Physics unit 1 is always pretty low. June 2014 IAL unit 2 was also crazy low but I remember that to be quite an easy paper
Reply 18
True, 120 was at 56 last year but I didn't do too poorly in other units. Physics unit 1 is always pretty low. June 2014 IAL unit 2 was also crazy low but I remember that to be quite an easy paper

I'm kinda confused in this question, i thought the answer was related to laminar/turbulent and its relation to speed.

https://gyazo.com/e229ac640393b70f2e97c4c3acd7bec9

However, In the mark scheme its related to depth of water and drag, could you explain me this?

It's from the June 2015 IAL paper.
I'm kinda confused in this question, i thought the answer was related to laminar/turbulent and its relation to speed.

https://gyazo.com/e229ac640393b70f2e97c4c3acd7bec9

However, In the mark scheme its related to depth of water and drag, could you explain me this?

It's from the June 2015 IAL paper.

Have no idea if I got it right (I think I did), but I remember writing about how there is a lower cross sectional area, and so there would be more more water entering a smaller area which may lead to more turbulent flow and thus create drag.

Quick Reply

Latest