The Student Room Group

AQA Baccalaureate

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice on the AQA Baccalaureate.

I have just started Year 12 and am taking 4 A-levels (maths, further maths, history and physics) and hope to do well, having got straight As and A*s at GCSE. I am also doing EPQ (Extended Project Qualification).

Today I googled EPQ and discovered that it fits in well with the AQA Baccalaureate. My school currently doesn't offer this but I am considering suggesting it (being a private sixth form they tend to take suggestions quite seriously). The school also require me to do voluntary work and so that combined with several other activities would cover the enrichment activities. I understand that filling out this is similar to the UCAS evidence collection I would be required to do anyway.

The last factor is an AS in either critical thinking or general studies. I have looked at past papers for these and I reckon I have the ability to quite easily get a C to pass without much preparation.

I am therefore asking whether the AQA Baccalaureate would benefit me. I seem to already do most of the parts required for it, so it wouldn't take much extra work? Is it a useful qualification to have or is it generally disregarded by universities and employers?

Sorry for the long post but I hope it explains what I'm asking!

Jack
Did you ever get an answer back?
What do you think about it now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending