The Student Room Group

A-Level help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need your help! I'm deciding my a-levels and I am really unsure on what to pick. As I want to do medicine, I have already decided I a going to pick Biology, Chemistry and maths. I am really stuck about my 4th subject. Originally, I wanted to pick sociology however, my ideal sixth form doesn't run sociology. I am contemplating on choosing Geography. At GCSE, I achieved an A* however, everyone is saying that geography is completely hard at A-Level. If I was to chose geography I would drop it for A2, but my AS grade for geography will need to be at least an A.

What are your thoughts about this? Do you think I should geography even though I will be choosing quite tough A-Levels. Is achieving an A at AS achievable? Are there any other A-Levels choices I may consider? Is Geography really that hard?

Your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!!
I think you should go for it! I'm taking philosophy and ethics as my AS level as well as chemistry, biology and maths and I really enjoy all of them. Don't pick geography because you get good grades because it really is a big jump from GCSE but if you enjoy geography then you would definitely get that A. Someone I know takes geography and she finds it pretty boring but not that different from GCSE geography.
As long as it's not General Studies or Critical Thinking, you can pick whatever you like as the fourth subject.

Also, please don't use that many exclamation marks, it's annoying.
Original post by Hydeman
As long as it's not General Studies or Critical Thinking, you can pick whatever you like as the fourth subject.

Also, please don't use that many exclamation marks, it's annoying.

Excuse me? I will use as many exclamation marks as I like. If it's so annoying, then why on earth are you commenting on this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by monkeyboy18000
Excuse me? I will use as many exclamation marks as I like. If it's so annoying, then why on earth are you commenting on this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to get offended. :tongue: It's annoying but it's not 'so annoying' that I wouldn't answer a question. You'd have to write a wall of text with no punctuation for that to happen. It's simply good forum etiquette to not try to emphasise things by putting a ludicrous number of exclamation marks after it. One or two or even three are more than enough.

Not saying you can't do it. :tongue: Just saying...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

calm down !

Posted from TSR Mobile

OOH DAYYYUM YOU TELL 'EM GURL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

okay, back to the main qu; i'm planning to go for medicine too with bio, chem, maths and economics. Achieving an A is possible but you've gotta be dedicated and 100% sure about the subject - if you have an interest in geography or are prepared to work hard, go for it. But don't do it just because you got an A* in it at GCSE, A-Levels are on a whole other level. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's an awful tide you're riding considering you never specified who you wanted help from, you just asked for it.
Reply 8
Do it! You will get an A. Trust me, its not that hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending