The Student Room Group

How to stop getting periods permanently?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A lady
Basically, I don't want a monthly reminder that I'm this female thing

I feel for you, must be tough going.
Original post by A lady
Basically, I don't want a monthly reminder that I'm this female thing

Ah well.. have you tried using a mooncup? :smile: I forget I'm on my period when wearing it so that might help? ^^
Reply 82
Original post by TorpidPhil
That's the copper one.

Hormonal ones do the opposite. There's a reason I said hormonal IUD specifically and not "IUD".

Try a mirena. However, be warned it won't necessarily guarantee you will lose your period. You may end up having them still but at strange times. However they are likely to be lighter and there's a good chance you will lose them entirely after a month or two.

Ah, the IUS.

I just might get that.
Reply 83
Original post by Hevachan
Ah well.. have you tried using a mooncup? :smile: I forget I'm on my period when wearing it so that might help? ^^

I might give it a try.
rip out your uterus (i dream of this everytime im on my period)
Original post by Mary562
Haha you cry over period pains? :lol:

I'm sorry, but really?

ive thrown up due to the sheer pain of period pains
Reply 86
Ffs stop quoting me about how you felt.

I apologise.

Fgs can't I even be honest or do I just fit in with everyone's emotions here. Sorry that ain't life.
anyway, OP have you gone to the doctors about this? if youre experiencing really bad periods it might be a health problem?
Reply 88
Original post by DannyDualscar
anyway, OP have you gone to the doctors about this? if youre experiencing really bad periods it might be a health problem?

No, I don't get bad periods anymore. Well, I have PCOS but that is completely unrelated.
Original post by driftawaay
barf

You are relentless.
Original post by A lady
No, I don't get bad periods anymore. Well, I have PCOS but that is completely unrelated.

ah i see, i hope whatever you choose to do goes well!
Original post by A lady

Ah and the period still hasnt eluded you?? That sucks, i know a few girls with PCOS and none of them get their period but they want it. :frown:
Reply 92
Original post by DannyDualscar
ah i see, i hope whatever you choose to do goes well!

Oh thank you! ^_^

Ah and the period still hasnt eluded you?? That sucks, i know a few girls with PCOS and none of them get their period but they want it. :frown:

My period is irregular but not troublesome like before. THEY WANT THEIR PERIOD?!?!?!? :redface:

I'm reading about PCOS and gender, and apparently 58% of trans men showed symptoms of PCOS before treatment. Which makes me wonder if what I'm feeling is due to PCOS.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by A lady
Oh thank you! ^_^

My period is irregular but not troublesome like before. THEY WANT THEIR PERIOD?!?!?!? :redface:

I'm reading about PCOS and gender, and apparently 58% of trans men showed symptoms of PCOS before treatment. Which makes me wonder of what I'm feeling is due to PCOS.

Yeah, it might be, a lot of girls with PCOS dont feel 'feminine' or female. You have excess testosterone which does affect your way of thinking.
Reply 94
Original post by Mary562
Oh come on, seriously? If you're experiencing such "pains" well I feel sorry for you during labor.

Firstly, not everyone wants to have children. Secondly, some people experience lots of pain when they are on, everyone has different degrees of pain during it as well as different tolerances to pain.
Gosh ...You should really be considerate to other people and perhaps place yourself in their position. Personally, I have gone through crazy amounts of physical pain; everything from breaking bones, having open chest surgery as well as cancer(and chemo etc.) YET I still find periods painful. Smh :s-smilie:
Reply 95
Original post by Lakesx
Firstly, not everyone wants to have children. Secondly, some people experience lots of pain when they are on, everyone has different degrees of pain during it as well as different tolerances to pain.
Gosh ...You should really be considerate to other people and perhaps place yourself in their position. Personally, I have gone through crazy amounts of physical pain; everything from breaking bones, having open chest surgery as well as cancer(and chemo etc.) YET I still find periods painful. Smh :s-smilie:

:hand:

Don't go off the hook when you don't even know about me.
Reply 96
Yeah, it might be, a lot of girls with PCOS dont feel 'feminine' or female. You have excess testosterone which does affect your way of thinking.

Do you feel female?

Sorry, to reverse this. I'm just trying to understand.
Original post by A lady
Do you feel female?

Yes, very much so.
Original post by A lady
Do you feel female?

I have PCOS and dont always feel feminine, not because of the lack of periods, but in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by Mary562
:hand:

Don't go off the hook when you don't even know about me.

Wow what a mature response... (What does that even mean; "go off the hook" - do you mean let me off the hook, which still doesn't make sense? )
Anyways, you could at least engage with the conversation or justified your opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest