The Student Room Group

Which Finance course is best for me and in general?

Hello, currently on a gap year studying A level Maths after already achieving the equivalent of A*A*A in A level Business and IT. Looking to apply to the 5 University choices very soon (~Below), what are you're opinions on them and is there any I should think of replacing? The dream would be to get my foot into IB and start as an analyst after my qualifications, however, also a more stabled career line, working up to a FD or a chartered accountant to be a little more realistic - shall we say.
Any order:
1) Money, Banking and Finance Bsc at University of Birmingham
2) Finance and Accounting Bsc at University of Birmingham
3) Finance and Accounting Bsc at University of Warwick
4) Finance and Accounting (with foundation yr) Bsc at University of Warwick (Backup)
5) Actuarial Science Bsc at City (cass business Uni)

Shall I replace any with Financial Economics Bsc at Kingston or City, include a general economics degree Birmingham, City or Kingston? Or even include another Actuarial science degree? (Any other options I should consider?)

I already have some work experience from RBS (1 Week) plus have DofE. Anything else that will boost my chances that I can fit into my gap year?

Which degree in general will give me the chance to achieve my dream yet, have a really good stable career as support (Mainly financially tbh :wink: plus widen my career options

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending