The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm from London and I applied for Philosophy :smile: Has anyone got any Sussex offers yet?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Zoology w/ research placement. I'm from Guernsey!
Reply 22
Original post by alexrafaelrose
I'm from London and I applied for Philosophy :smile: Has anyone got any Sussex offers yet?

Haven't really sent off my application for some reason I'm longing it out
I applied for English Lit in September!! Waiting for a reply, anyone know how quickly they get back to you?
Original post by hesitantbookworm
I applied for English Lit in September!! Waiting for a reply, anyone know how quickly they get back to you?

I've applied too! Sent mine 12th Oct, haven't heard anything beyond the acknowledgement email - I haven't heard of anyone else hearing from Sussex for it either. I have this feeling we might be waiting a while.
Medical Neuroscience and I'm from London.

Haven't actually applied yet but will be soon enough.
Law, South London xx
From Teesside applying for Biochemistry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmathereader
I've applied too! Sent mine 12th Oct, haven't heard anything beyond the acknowledgement email - I haven't heard of anyone else hearing from Sussex for it either. I have this feeling we might be waiting a while.

I've got mine in early too and all I've had is an e-mail and UCAS just says they are considering :hmmm::unimpressed:

Did anyone receive a prospectus or anything? I haven't, I saw something online where someone did though, not sure if they ordered it or if they do just send them... :K:
Original post by cbaker22
I've got mine in early too and all I've had is an e-mail and UCAS just says they are considering :hmmm::unimpressed:

Did anyone receive a prospectus or anything? I haven't, I saw something online where someone did though, not sure if they ordered it or if they do just send them... :K:

I'm in the exact same position, it is extremely stressful!

I ordered the prospectus myself, from their website :smile:
Hi guys ! If you are applying for Geography and International Relations is it necessary to study Geography at A Level standard? Im form Ireland and we study 7-9 subjects so i have studied Bio, Chem, Physics , english , spanish , maths and irish ! I was originally applying for Chemical Engineering and have my personal statement and universities picked but i've found this course and I am inspired!!
I applied for English and Drama with a year abroad and I'm from Switzerland.
Original post by Chloe.aurelia24
I'm a little worried... I didn't receive any acknowledgement e-mail from Sussex. I sent off my application on the 15th October but still no response. Should I call them?

I would definintely give them a ring. My acknowledgement email took about a week to get to me but I still think it's worth ringing them up. Good luck!
Original post by emmathereader
I'm in the exact same position, it is extremely stressful!

I ordered the prospectus myself, from their website :smile:

Ah I will head to the website! Fanks.
Reply 34
Is there anyone else planning to do Digital Media @ Sussex?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloe.aurelia24
I'm a little worried... I didn't receive any acknowledgement e-mail from Sussex. I sent off my application on the 15th October but still no response. Should I call them?

I sent off my application in September and haven't heard anything from them at all, not even an acknowledgement. Did you phone them and if so, what did they say? Does it depend on the department as to whether you receive an acknowledgement email?
Give them and email or phone them id say to check. I asked about something else on my application so I know they have it. I tweeted them and they said we should hear before jan just be patient :smile:
Original post by strykette
I sent off my application in September and haven't heard anything from them at all, not even an acknowledgement. Did you phone them and if so, what did they say? Does it depend on the department as to whether you receive an acknowledgement email?

I sent mine in September too and got an acknowledgement email from Sussex themselves about a week later. I've applied for English but the email didn't come directly from that department, so I'd assume it was just a general email that everyone gets. I'd definietely give them a phone call and ask them where it is, just in case they've been trying to contact you about something else too. I'm sure they've got your application but it's better to be safe than sorry!! Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by hesitantbookworm
I sent mine in September too and got an acknowledgement email from Sussex themselves about a week later. I've applied for English but the email didn't come directly from that department, so I'd assume it was just a general email that everyone gets. I'd definietely give them a phone call and ask them where it is, just in case they've been trying to contact you about something else too. I'm sure they've got your application but it's better to be safe than sorry!! Good luck :biggrin:

Did you send your application via UCAS?
Original post by strykette
Did you send your application via UCAS?

Yep. My UCAS track account said that they had recieved it several days before I actually got the confirmation email from Sussex themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending