The Student Room Group

Muslim girls and trust

I read quite a few threads on here about Muslim girls' parents insisting they stay in their hometown during uni.

Are Muslims girls untrustworthy and need to be kept a close eye on by their parents?

Do parents monitor Muslim boys as as well and want to keep them at home?

Scroll to see replies

Well it's commonly believed amongst most muslims that girls are the ones who bring 'shame' to the family for even walking out the door or, God forbid, looking at a person of the opposite sex. Yet, a boy can be a man whore for all they care, and he's 'just being a boy'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Maker
I read quite a few threads on here about Muslim girls' parents insisting they stay in their hometown during uni.

Are Muslims girls untrustworthy and need to be kept a close eye on by their parents?

Different cultures have different ways of bringing up their children, it's really the parents choice.
Scientifically women are more easily influenced by other people, however their are countless reasons why you haven't read anything about men. Perhaps not that many men feel the need to post it on tsr.
You cannot suggest muslim girls are untrustworthy, that generalisation is illogical.
Many different families have their children living with them for a very long time.
There are countless factors, you can't just specify one thing.
Original post by Limerence
Well it's commonly believed amongst muslims that girls are the ones who bring 'shame' to the family for even walking out the door or, God forbid, looking at a person of the opposite sex. Yet, a boy can be a man whore for all they care, and he's 'just being a boy'.

You are talking utter rubbish, in the hope others see and believe just because of your wrong view on islam.
Please get educated about islam and then maybe you can have a say.
Well it's commonly believed amongst most muslims that girls are the ones who bring 'shame' to the family for even walking out the door or, God forbid, looking at a person of the opposite sex. Yet, a boy can be a man whore for all they care, and he's 'just being a boy'.

How can he be a man whore if there are no women out there because they are all inside???
rah, i watched a documntry on this bre time ago ennit.

my man raj was like "rah, in islam a girl is like a piece of silk, and a boy is like a bar of gold. If you drop the gold in mud, you can clean it and its back to normal. But if you drop silk its always stained"

was bre edgy, but my man hasnt heard of washin mashines ennit
Original post by Jgco2chem
How can he be a man whore if there are no women out there because they are all inside???

Non muslims perhaps?
Original post by 
You are talking utter rubbish, in the hope others see and believe just because of your wrong view on islam.

Do you see that word that says "most"? I was born into a muslim family myself and although, thankfully, my family aren't like this, plenty of my friends families are and I see what they have to deal with. Yes, it was an exaggeration but only to make my point clear.
it is very naive to point fingers at islam as many of you know that islam is a religion with 2 billion+ followers and in that 2 billion + there are a loads of different cultures; it is indeed easy to say that culture merges with religion but that is completly wrong. for instance in the victorian era the high class people would never get their daughters married to anyone with a family name that is not respected I would not point fingers at catholic christians and blame christianity (well my freinds at uni are mostly christians and they are amazing people). Back to the main thread I think you should specify what muslims ? and from what background culture?
Reply 9
Not true about this being an Islamic thing. Its more of a cultural thing rather than a religious thing, it all depends on how traditional a parent is.

Anyhoo many parents who didn't attend university and who's kids are the first to go to a uni have imperfect knowledge regarding uni thinking that out of study life is all drinking and getting wrecked so naturally they'd wanna keep an eye on their kids(not just daughters) in fear of them turning to that life.
As they say, 'we fear what we don't understand'................!
Original post by Maker

In most muslim households the girls tend to get more monitored than the guys as they can be more vulnerable. My sisters weren't allowed to move out however my parents practically forced me to move out
IMO girls should stay at home to prevent them from being slags, don't bother quoting me if you're just gonna disagree cuz idc :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by halal kebab5
IMO girls should stay at home to prevent them from being slags, don't bother quoting me if you're just gonna disagree cuz idc :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Not disagreeing here but some girls just aren't about that life. You shouldn't all put them in the same bracket, some girls are modest and wanna keep low profile but then you get some flexing their ttittys in their display pic who prolly will turn to slags so should stay local:wink:
Reply 13
Original post by 

You're right more than anything, it's culture so..... @Limerence do some basic reading next time you decide to open your mouth
(edited 8 years ago)
well said simmilar to my post which is above yours :smile:
Original post by heddy98
Not true about this being an Islamic thing. Its more of a cultural thing rather than a religious thing, it all depends on how traditional a parent is.

Anyhoo many parents who didn't attend university and who's kids are the first to go to a uni have imperfect knowledge regarding uni thinking that out of study life is all drinking and getting wrecked so naturally they'd wanna keep an eye on their kids(not just daughters) in fear of them turning to that life.
As they say, 'we fear what we don't understand'................!

It's more cultural than islamic imo, but what you say is true. Many muslims with that culture do have that view of girls. I'm a victim to it tbh

I repped you for your avatar :mmm:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by halal kebab5

IMO you should shut your mouth and help your fellow males control their rod and keep their jeans zipped up, if there were any whores in the world it would be men so keep your mouth shut if you don't know ****
Original post by enaayrah
It's more cultural than islamic imo, but what you say is true.

I repped you for your avatar :mmm:

Haha I guess I can see where you're coming from, and lol thank you anyway :smile:
Original post by sadly
You're right more than anything, it's culture so..... @Limerence do some basic reading next time you decide to open your mouth

Or I'll just stick with my opinion and be open minded enough to see where others are coming from :smile:
Reply 19
Or I'll just stick with my opinion and be open minded enough to see where others are coming from :smile:

You're right stick to being you: Ignorant and pitiful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending