The Student Room Group

I'm really in need of a grant/scholarship, any advice?

I'm an EU student and I've been living in London with my family for 2 years. I'm now enrolled at UCL. I'm supposed to be getting a 3000 pound bursary, but that's not even half of my accommodation. Any advice on how I can cover whole accommodation and possibly some tuition cost.
I was hoping some foundation would be kind and generous since we're foreign and really far from rich. Only my father works and he's supposed to support me, mum and two brothers.
I'll probably get a part time job but even with that I'd still be struggling very much.
Thanks for any help
EU students are entitled to a tuition fee loan from student finance.
Have you checked if your university offers any income-related grants or scholarships? Usually there would be a financial advisor to help students with this sort of thing.
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
EU students are entitled to a tuition fee loan from student finance.

Yeah but what about the maintenance cost? Biggest factor being accommodation but also food, clothes, travel and other stuff that may come up? I don't get a maintenance loan.
Reply 4
Original post by Stoicism
Have you checked if your university offers any income-related grants or scholarships? Usually there would be a financial advisor to help students with this sort of thing.

Yeah really annoyed because all of them are specific. Like you can get 3000 pounds but your father must be a grocer or a chemist.
I think they believe they've done their part with the 3000 pounds bursary.
Original post by monk1324
Yeah really annoyed because all of them are specific. Like you can get 3000 pounds but your father must be a grocer or a chemist.
I think they believe they've done their part with the 3000 pounds bursary.

You should be eligible for a maintenance loan if your parents are working in the UK. Also, if you start working part time during uni you become eligible for the maintenance loan (provided u were in the country on the first day of the first academic year, this is usually 1st of september)
Original post by monk1324
I'm an EU student and I've been living in London with my family for 2 years. I'm now enrolled at UCL. I'm supposed to be getting a 3000 pound bursary, but that's not even half of my accommodation. Any advice on how I can cover whole accommodation and possibly some tuition cost.
I was hoping some foundation would be kind and generous since we're foreign and really far from rich. Only my father works and he's supposed to support me, mum and two brothers.
I'll probably get a part time job but even with that I'd still be struggling very much.
Thanks for any help

as driftaway said you can claim full student finance as the child of a migrant worker as long as your dad stays in work
Reply 7
Hello everyone,

Could someone please tell me which application should I complete to claim migrant worker status ? Is there a form online or do I need to call SF EU to receive it ?

Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending