The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CathyHeathcliff
Does anyone know if we get to find out who will be living in the same flat with us so we can talk beforehand and organise things or do we just turn up on the day and see?

As lilGem said, when you are sent your accommodation offer, you're shortly after sent an email which has a whole list of Facebook groups for each of the different flat blocks, which you can join. After I joined, I then posted saying who's in xx Flat xx, and then others who were just started replying. We then also set up a Facebook chat to get to know each other a bit before we arrived on the day! (I did also post on TSR, and someone from my flat did reply to me here as well!). We decided we wouldn't all bring pots, and that someone was bringing an iron, and that would be enough... One person brought a toastie machine (well worth it!).

Obviously, not everyone from your flat will join the Facebook group at the same time, or at all, and so there'll probably be a couple who you won't talk to before you arrive!

Original post by lilGem
When I was a fresher (I'm about to graduate this year) we met our flat on the day, however I think for this years cohort of freshers they were able to find out their flatmates prior to coming as there were official groups set up for each building so to speak and they would find people from there
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by lilGem
When I was a fresher (I'm about to graduate this year) we met our flat on the day, however I think for this years cohort of freshers they were able to find out their flatmates prior to coming as there were official groups set up for each building so to speak and they would find people from there

Original post by mobbsy91
As lilGem said, when you are sent your accommodation offer, you're shortly after sent an email which has a whole list of Facebook groups for each of the different flat blocks, which you can join. After I joined, I then posted saying who's in xx Flat xx, and then others who were just started replying. We then also set up a Facebook chat to get to know each other a bit before we arrived on the day! (I did also post on TSR, and someone from my flat did reply to me here as well!). We decided we wouldn't all bring pots, and that someone was bringing an iron, and that would be enough... One person brought a toastie machine (well worth it!).

Obviously, not everyone from your flat will join the Facebook group at the same time, or at all, and so there'll probably be a couple who you won't talk to before you arrive!

Thank you to you both! So excited :h:
Thank you to you both! So excited :h:

No worries!! Have you put UEA as your firm??
No worries!! Have you put UEA as your firm??

Yep. I got an unconditional offer for History :h: :colondollar:
Yep. I got an unconditional offer for History :h: :colondollar:

Awesome :yy: nice!!!
Anybody got an offer to do Media and International Development or International Development ?
Hi! My name's Maya and I'm going to be doing English and American literature (with a year abroad) at UEA in September and was wondering if anyone else is since I can't seem to find anyone 😔

I'd love to find people on my course or similar courses!

Also random question but accommodation wise, what size duvet/mattress are the beds since I need to buy bedsheets 😂
Original post by icec4ve
Hi! My name's Maya and I'm going to be doing English and American literature (with a year abroad) at UEA in September and was wondering if anyone else is since I can't seem to find anyone 😔

Also random question but accommodation wise, what size duvet/mattress are the beds since I need to buy bedsheets 😂

In terms of accommodation, single size!! (They don't value us enough to get double beds :wink: )
In terms of accommodation, single size!! (They don't value us enough to get double beds :wink: )

Thank you! I thought they would be but I wanted to make sure haha!
Original post by icec4ve
Thank you! I thought they would be but I wanted to make sure haha!

Yeh, fair enough xD
LLM anyone?
Original post by Laidback Joe
LLM anyone?

I got an unconditional offer for the LLM in Information technology and Intellectual property law! :smile:
Anyone for Speech and Language Therapy?!
Anyone going to be studying in the Norwich Business school? :smile:
I'm currently looking around unis to go to and wondering about UEA- where do you get your food from? Nearest supermarket is miles away!!
Original post by ImagineCats
I'm currently looking around unis to go to and wondering about UEA- where do you get your food from? Nearest supermarket is miles away!!

There is a Co-op within a 10 minute walk, an Aldi on the 21/22 bus route or a cycle distance away, Morrisons is on the end of the 25 bus route, Waitrose about a 20 minute walk away, an Iceland in town near where the buses stop and you can get deliveries straight to campus as well, so plenty of options!
Reply 376
Original post by icec4ve

Hey!
I've firmed English Literature at UEA so hopefully we'll be doing similar modules :smile:
Original post by Tinks12
Hey!
I've firmed English Literature at UEA so hopefully we'll be doing similar modules :smile:

Awesome!! I'm so excited for some of the modules! What sort of writing are into? I'm a massive poetry fan 🙈
What are you hoping to study? :smile:
Original post by Tinks12
Hey!

I'm also doing English Literature this september. I deferred my entry from last year to have a gap year. I'm in America all summer with little to no wifi so I'm worried I'll miss some important emails/information :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending