The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

To people who studied (or planning to study) Int. Foundation Programmes!

I have questions for you :smile:
Until I read about the international foundation programmes of King's I wasn't thinking about studying in UK because the best unis looks at what highschool curriculum the applicant goes through and mine isn't recognized. So I was (and still am) studying for SATs to study in US.
Then I came across these programs and thought "wait are these for real?" it felt these programs were so good to be true because the requirement are so easy to fulfill. For applicants from Turkey the only requirement is a GPA of 3.2/4 or higher.. and an ielts score of 5.5..that's it.
So my first question:
1. Is fulfilling these requirements enough to get in?
2. Are GPA and IELTS the only stuff they consider in admission? I have attended a credited course in summer in Cornell university and I'd like to send its transcript as well :smile:
3. It says on King's website that if a student achieves B+ overall, s/he has a guarenteed place in undergraduate programs. How hard is it to get that score? 😅 Do most of the students manage to get thay score?
4. Last of all, after finishing my foundation year what are my chances to get accepted to other elite universities? I always wanted to study in LSE :P but if I was in admissions I'd value years of rigorous highschool over a year of foundation.

I'd appreciate any answers that'll give me some kind of an idea whether detailed or not so detailed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest